Period came 7 days late, not as much cramping as usual...and I have extreme flu symtoms. Pregnant?

By January 2, 2012 - 12:44pm

My boyfriend and I don't use any for of birth control at this time except the pull-out method, around the time my period usually comes(the 23rd of the month) I started having extreme slu like symtoms. ie: Dizziness, nausea, I cant eat without getting grossed out, and Im extremely tired. Now my period is a bit lighter than normal, but I still got it. I rarely get sick so it all seems a bit odd, should I be worried?? Or is it possible to be pregnant and still get your period??

Hi josie

If you are using the withdrawal method, you could get pregnant. It can be very effective when done correctly but it's not as effective as the Pill or condoms.

It sounds like you have the flu - and since you have your period, pregnancy is highly unlikely although bleeding can occur in pregnancy. A pregnancy test will let you know either way.