Pinkish-orangey discharge

By Anonymous April 10, 2016 - 12:59pm

Hello there. Starting to get worried about what im feeling these days. Been on oral contraceptive for years. For the last 2months, decided to take 2 packets for 2 consecutive months (a packet each month for February and March). Then decided not to take anymore after March. Had 2 nights of unprotected intercourse and today at home from work, went to the toilet to pee and when i finally wiped, there was a pinkish-orangey color discharge along with the thick crystal discharge on the toilet paper. Im not sure if it is just an effect of stopping taking pill as i am feeling my lower abdomen as well as my lower back and even my full body these days. Starting to feel sick all the time. Please tell me if this is just normal or do i need to worry about something. This is the first time i had this discharge color my entire life. Thank you so much

Hello Anon

Coming off the Pill can cause changes in the body including irregular periods for a few months and spotting/discharge. This may be what is happening with you. But since you have been having unprotected sex, you should take a pregnancy test if you have pregnancy concerns. A test is accurate 14-21 days after sex.

Read more here on what to expect when coming off the Pill: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/7-possible-side-effects-going-pill