Plan B vaginal bleeding?

By Anonymous November 15, 2011 - 10:52am

My period ended at the end of October and then I had unprotected sex a few days later and ended up taking the Plan B pill to be safe. 7 days later I started to have vaginal bleeding like my period which lasted about 4-5 days and was heavy. That ended first week of November. Was that my period? or am I going to get my period AGAIN 2 weeks later at the regular time?

Plan B can cause irregular bleeding within days after it is taken, that can last several days. This is not a "period" - it's a side effect of the emergency contraception.

The period after taking Plan B is sometimes irregular - again a side effect of the emergency contraception.

Therefore your next expected period may be unexpected. If you are worried about pregnancy, you can take a pregnancy test when your next period would be due to ease your mind, but if it is late it's isn't a necessarily a sign of pregnancy.