Pre-ejaculate, birth control pills, pregnancy

By August 24, 2011 - 9:44am

I am really worried about this situation and hope that you can help. I am currently on Loestrin Fe and I take it within 1 to 2 minutes every single day. I have never missed a pill or taken one late. I did have diarrhea a couple of weeks ago for 3 days, each about 6 hours after taking the pill. I was fooling around with my boyfriend on August 7(so 17 days ago), and his penis rubbed against my vulva before he put a condom on. Additionally, he never ejaculated. We fooled around again on August 14, and the same thing happened. I was irrationally worried about becoming pregnant, so I took a pregnancy test (17 days after the first incident, and 10 days after the second), and it was negative. I know it will not be accurate for the second incident, but can I be fairly confident I did not get pregnant from the incident on August 7th? My period is due on the 29th, but I occasionally miss periods because of the Loestrin. When could I take a pregnancy test and know for sure that I am not pregnant? What are the chances that I would get pregnant anyways, from what I described? I know this worry seems excessive and I am overanalyzing things, but my boyfriend and I just broke up (after 2 years) and I am feeling very stressed out over this.

Hi cmm1988

Your question on the Pill and diarrhea was already addressed here, as was your question about pre-ejaculate on August 7th : http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/birth-control-and-diarrhea

The same information would be correct for the 16th. If you know these things are going to worry you, then you need to stop repeating the actions.

It sounds highly unlikely that you can become pregnant using both highly reliable methods of birth control but if you are still worried you can take a test 2-3 weeks from the 16th, if you don't get your period in the interim.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best,