ask: pregnancy

I took plan b, 6 days later i started bleeding, is this becasue of plan b or is this my period, im supposed to get my period on the 26th so i am quite early and just wondering what to do

Anonymous

would that have been my period, or was that just an add on too the plan b. Also, why did teh bleeding happen so late, almost 6 days after I took it. We had sex after i took it un-protected, I know it was stupid, but once I take it aren't I safe for three days?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi again Anon

No, having unprotected sex after taking Plan B does not mean you are protected at all. You are not.

It can take several days to bleed after taking Plan B (if you have bleeding as a side effect). But if your period was due, it could be that. We cannot tell you which it was.

~Susan

This is usually a side effect of Plan B. If you want to test for pregnancy then you need to wait at least 14 days after you had unprotected sex. Plan B is about 91% effective.

~Susan

I now am getting a dark brown discharge coming from my vaigina, what does this mean? I am supposed to get my period 0n the 26th so I dont know what to think

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: