pregnancy or side effects?

By Anonymous January 16, 2012 - 11:21am

hello i had sex 9th day of my cycle, then took morning after pill, on the 14th day I bled just like my normal period, today was suppose to be my menstruation but its not coming, im worried.. should i start counting on my usual cycle or start again on the day I bled ?

The kind of bleeding you had is a fairly common side effect of emergency contraception.

However, another side effect is that your next period (the one you are waiting for) can be irregular. So your best bet is to take a pregnancy test to rule that out, and simply wait for your real period to start. This could happen this week or in a couple of weeks. Your period is due today so you are not even late so don't worry just yet. You period may be very late, as mentioned, due to taking EC. Taking a test will ease your mind.