ask: Pregnancy Possibility?

By sss1690

I can't believe I'm 22 and asking a question this juvenile, but I could sure use some reassurance anyways. :/
The other day I was giving my boyfriend a handjob for the first time. I got a few very small drops of pre-ejaculate on my hand and immediately freaked out and stopped. I really, really had to pee less than five minutes afterwards, so I went to the bathroom without thinking. I washed my hands off pretty well and dried them with a hand towel, then I peed and wiped with toilet paper (I'm not positive, but I really don't think i wiped with the same hand i used for the hand job). This is probably totally ridiculous- But could I get pregnant from this? I have very regular periods, was on day 6 of my 7-day period, and (according to an app i have used for several months) I don't think I am set to start ovulating for about another 8 days. To my knowledge my boyfriend had peed at least a couple times that day, so I don't think his precum could have had much sperm in it. Anyways, I am very uneducated about this stuff and desperately need to know if i should worry about pregnancy. Please, please help me.

Anonymous

Hi sss1690,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  You have nothing to be worried about.  Semen outside the body tends to dry fast and sperm then dies.  Aside from that, it's impossible for sperm to swim up to the cervix from just wiping yourself.  There has to be penetration and bodily fluid contact. In order for the sperm to live and swim up. 

Daisy

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: