Pregnancy prevention

By October 30, 2014 - 4:59am

Please ma'am, i need your advice on this coz am kind of
confuse. I took postinor 2 a day after i had unprotected
sex. Two days later and up till now, am experiencing stomach
pains and pains in my vagina while urinating. Please
i need your advice, what do you think could be the problem.

Hello Doctor,

But i have not experienced any pregnancy symptoms, how long will it take for the signs to show in a woman body.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Debby95)

You can read about pregnancy here:

Don't stress about pregnancy right now or you'll be convinced you are- you don't even know if you're pregnant. You need to take a test about two weeks after you had sex to see if you're pregnant. 

Hello Doctor, i complained of taking Postinor 2 a week after unprotected sex and was scared if am pregnant.
I have not undergo any test, but this morning i starting experiencing vaginal bleeding.
I saw my last period on the 7th of this month, and this morning i started having vaginal bleeding, So ma'am could it be that it is my mensuration that is flowing or do you think it could be any other thing?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Debby95)

Hi Debby

It's probably your period or a side effect of taking Postinor 2 - nobody can tell you which is it. 

Please see a doctor for any further concerns you have, we have helped you on the topic as best we can.  If you have further concerns, please talk to a doctor.  We are not doctors here. 

Hi Debby95

Your discomfort is likely due to side effects from the emergency birth control. 

With regard to pain when you urinate - you urinate from your urethra, not your vagina. But you may have an infection. If you have a urinary tract infection, you need to get this treated as soon as possible - do not wait - it may lead to a kidney infection.