I had an ooops on july 14th with an ex b/f then before my period my breasts enlarged and I was urinating a lot. I know my body well I am 35 with two children and have had 2 early m/c's as well. The timing was horrible I should have been ovulating at the time of my ooops. My cycles were running around 26-28 days. My period arrived on CD 28 and I thot all was well. July 26th was my LMP until now.. my period was 10 days late (Sept 3rd started bleeding) put me at CD 38 and I went to the Dr. anyways to make sure my ovarian cysts hadnt come back (I am missing left ovary and tube due to a very large cyst). She said all looked great no cysts but if my cycle was LONG or suddenly stopped to call back. I am freaking out my period lasted 1 day. Red bleeding and clots for one day and now NOTHING! I am waiting for the dr to call back. Could this be an unknown pg or a werid m/c? I had two negative pg test one in july and one before my period started this month.

If you had a period after your had sex and have not have had sex again (since July 14th) then you cannot be pregnant.

If you have had sex since, then you may be (or may have been). Have you had sex since July 14th? Was it protected?

Since you didn't say, I'll assume you have not had sex since. Therefore this one day long heavy period may be some kind of fluke. It may even return tonight or tomorrow. However, you may not get your period again till next month. Even if we're regular, our bodies can mess up their cycles out of the blue. You may get more information from your doctor, or you may never know, regarding this bleeding.

Will you keep us updated?

Susan, Thank you for taking the time to post... I went back to the Dr yesterday (I dont have health ins) to get an ultrasound. It cost me a pretty penny but she said it was probably stress. There were no cysts, no partial mc from a missed pregnancy. As long as there are no prevailing issues I can deal with cramping and a wacked out period!

Thanks for the update, Anon!

I'm sorry it cost you so much, not having insurance - something this country really has to makes strides on.

I'm glad you got the all clear and wish the same for you in future!

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines