ask: Pregnant or just cyst?

By AlysMommy

I am over 4 days late on period and 20 years old and tested positive on pregnancy test but I have had a couple of cysts in the past. I have been feeling pain where the cyst was but it has been worse since before I was even late. Any suggestions?? I don't know what to do. Thanks in advance.

AlysMommy

Can cysts cause fake positives? Thank you. I am defiantly going to check it out soon!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to AlysMommy)

Hi AlysMommy

No, cysts cannot cause a false positive because the factor that triggers the positive result is a hormone called hcg. This hormone is only in a woman when she is pregnant and for up to a few weeks after.

~Susan

Hi AlysMommy

Congrats on your pregnancy!

If you feel in pain now or that your cysts are causing interference, then please call your doctor as soon as possible so that you have a game plan for the rest of your pregnancy. In general, women are fine with cysts during pregnancy but they can cause pain and an early ultrasound may be required. Keep us updated!

~Susan

AlysMommy

Plus I have all the pregnancy symptoms: nausea, sore breasts, moody, and always tired.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: