Pregnant or just stressed??

Right so where to start... Well my boyfriend of six months and I have had unprotected sex several time sometimes he finished sometimes he didn't. (Before you freak out we are both clean and have gotten tested and I'm on birth control). Friday the 13th I began feel sick to my stomach and having some cravings, However on the 14th I wrecked my truck and got grounded so maybe its just stress??? But today is the 17th the sickness has been going strong, I've had to use the restroom more often, I don't want chicken (normally the only food I want), I'm smelling things I normal don't smell or mind smelling, and my jeans are starting to get tighter.... My period was supposed to begin around the 15th and end around the 21st and again its already the 17th. So a little help is need since I'm only 17 and have no clue what to do.

Dear omgitschrissy93

Thanks for your question (and we don't freak out here on Empowher, I promise!)

Firstly, you are correct in that you are having unprotected sex in terms of disease, but you're not unprotected if you are on the Pill and take it exactly as directed - every day. So if you have not missed any pills, you are more than likely fine.

If you are only two days 'late' then you don't have too much to worry about yet (what day are you on now, in your cycle?) but taking a pregnancy test will ease your fears and you can go ahead and take one now as your body would be ready.

And you are correct - stress can delay your period. Since you are regulated by medication, this should be less of an issue for you but can happen nonetheless.

Keep us posted!