Protected Sex, no period

By Anonymous February 27, 2016 - 11:10am

HI! So i am FREAKING out. I have sex with my boyfriend pretty often but we use a condom EVERY time. Anyway, I had my period December 31st and it lasted 5 days. Then I had my period again January 26th. It is now February 27 and I still have not had a period. I'm not on the pill so i only rely on condoms. In December I had my period on the first and then on the 31st. I'm really nervous. We've been using condoms the same way every time, and this time I'm like exceptionally late. My app said I was supposed to get my period on the 22nd of February. I have no pregnancy symptoms, I'm just really worried! I don't think I've ever been 4 days late. Please please please help me!

Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
You cannot be pregnant unless the condom came off, or leaked during sex. If that did not happen there is no possibility of pregnancy.
Periods can be late for many reasons causing hormonal changes beside pregnancy. Causes can include: stress, changes in eating, sleeping or exercise. Most of the time a missed period is not serious. However, if you experience any strange or severe symptoms you may want to see a gynecologist.
Below I have pasted a link to a HER article that talks more about possible reasons to miss a period.