Reasons for spotting many years after menopause

I am going for a check up but i have always known that bleeding, or spotting usually is a tell tale sign of having cancer.

I was a bit freaked about having bloody orgasms, especially after my research showed that it can be a sign of cancer, endometriosis (spelling?), yeast and other infections.

I discovered it can also be caused by vaginal atrophy. So going to a doctor is a great idea. Of course the other problem is atypical pap smears that need a follow up. :( But no worries.

Good luck Anonymous and thank you for the new resource Susan.

Thanks for your question.

Bleeding after menopause is not always a tell-tale sign of cancer at all, but it is a sign that something may be wrong.

The same question was answered in detail here, please let me know if it helps: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/im-65-and-having-vaginal-bleeding-few-drops-my-underware-here-and-there-i-have-no-pain

And it's good you're seeing your doctor soon, so you can get to the bottom of this.

Please stay in touch,

Menopause Guide