Risk of heart attack?

I am a 19 year old female that recently has been having some chest pain at night. My EKG came back normal, but I have a family history of heart disease. I am not overweight and am generally healthy. However, I suffer from anxiety disorders. I have pain in my chest (sternum area and under the left breast), some shortness of breath, and currently some jaw pain. Is this any cause to worry? MY doctor said it was likely acid reflux, but it's still concerning....

Heart disease is the number one killer of women in America so many women have a history of heart disease. This doesn't mean you will have it but it's good to know your history. 

Heartburn (GERD) can be at it worst at night, especially when you lie down. Some heartburn can be so severe that it does feel like a heart attack. 

Read all about GERD here: 

Anxiety disorders can cause heart palpitations and a panic attack can certainly make one think they may be having some kind of heart issue. 

You can read more about this here:

Anon, are you in treatment for your anxiety or on medications for your heartburn? If not I suggest you talk about your options with your doctor. 

Be aware of your family history but try not to worry too much about a heart attack - it does seem like you probably have heartburn and having anxiety certainly does not help. 

Will you talk to your doctor?

Heart Conditions