ask: Rubbing genitals in the shower

By Emily B

My boyfriend and I took a bath together and then after that we took a shower together and while in the shower we rubbed genitals for a little while, he didn't go inside of me or anything but he did rub my vagina opening. I've been using oral contraceptives and have been taking it at the exact same time every day maybe ten or fifteen minutes late the entire 21 days. What I'm kind of worried about I'd if there's any chance I could be pregnant from what I have described?

Anonymous

Hi Emily B,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  It's unlikely you will get pregnant from just rubbing genitals without there being intercourse. Since you are also taking birth control pills, your chances of an unwanted pregnancy happening is less.

Daisy

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: