Scoliosis and pregnancy

I am a teenager of 19 years old. I am planning to get married next year. I have scoliosis from birth. My spine is 'S' shaped and i was given to wear a brace. But the brace made me very uncomfortable and i felt emotionally disturbed and physically separated so i stopped using it. But my back hurts a lot and i cant play sports or do physical activities for long. I get tired easily and my back pain stays for very long without ceasing. What are the likely complications i am going to face if i am going to give birth and will i be able to give birth naturally?

Thanks for writing!

The good news is that it's entirely possible for you to have children - but as you mentioned - there will be things you will have to be aware of (including the possibility of needing a c-section).

Please take a look at this thread with a very similar question to you (and also from a young woman) with all the facts and suggestions available: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/how-will-scoliosis-affect-pregnancy

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!!! I really do not want my kid to suffer like me but i guess there are chances. I have another question. I have always had low hb level and have been recommended to test for thalassemia.But i think im not a career but since my parents haven't tested i do not know for sure. And when i get my periods my lower back pain becomes unbearable and my legs feel numb and pains all the time. I have difficulty in breathing, sleeping and have severe lower stomach pain. Is it natural or should i consult a doctor?

Scoliosis Guide