ask: Sex after hip surgery

I had 3 pins placed in my right hip 3 wks ago and was wondering what positions is safest to have sex. My Dr has released me to have intercourse and Im just worried bout the pain it might cause if I move the wrong way. Please help Im 31 and my boyfriend is 25 and I dont want this is cause problems in my relationship.

Anonymous

This should not be a concern for you. Your boyfriend should have enough self control and love for you that is does not matter whether or not he gets "some". If it was my wife, I would tell her we wait a week after she's cleared
just to be safe. If your boyfriend doesn't understand common courtesy and civility. ..kick him to the curb.

He's totally fine w/ not getting "some" and is overly babying me w/ this surgery and makes sure I dont do anything while he's home I just get to sit on couch and Im getting bored lol but its not him its me so just wanted some input on when is best time and positions when it comes the time to have intercourse !

Thanks for your post and I hope you recover well!

This question is something you need to ask your doctor or physical therapist if you are seeing one. They will know what sides or areas to avoid/put pressure on and what position will be most comfortable and safe.

I have talked to my dr but he didnt give any real answers just said it was okay to do it....

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

In that case, Anon, I think you should ahead but put no pressure on that particular hip and if you feel any pain at all, stop and "reposition" or stop completely. Remember that if intercourse ends up being too painful (for now) there are other things you can do in bed. 

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: