Sex related

By Anonymous April 18, 2009 - 2:05am

I had proper sex with my boyfriend twice after 5-10 min. from my side it’s started bleeding and second time when we do sex after few minis. It started bleeding and it was heavy bleeding. So I want to if we did sex do I will face same problem. Please guide me more on this. Thank you…

Dear Anon

Thank you for your question and for finding Empowher!

Bleeding due to sex is not considered normal but there are times that it might be - specifically if you are having you period - or it starts about the time you are having sex. Vaginal dryness can also cause bleeding but it's not usually heavy, like you say happened to you.

Was this your first time having sex? Are you sure it's not your period? If you answered no to both, then you would need to see a health care professional. Heavy bleeding for no "known" reason during sex may indicate an underlying health condition. Some women bleed the first time they have sex, but even then it should not be heavy.