Shortly after taking Next Choice I was Peeing blood is that normal?

By Anonymous February 15, 2012 - 12:54pm

I took Nest Choice The next day after having sex. I took it at 9:40 in the morning. Later on that day I started bleeding when I went to pee. It was very painful. I was thinking I came down with a UTI. I took the other pill 12 hours later like it said and then the blood slowed down and then evientually stopped. I'm not bleeding anymore and I don't experience any pain while urinating. Was that just a side effect of the pill or is something more serious going on?

It must have been alarming to see blood when you urinated. Did you continue to notice bleeding, when you didn't urinate?

According to the website for Choice, side effects include:
nausea, stomach pain, headache, dizziness, breast tenderness or menstrual changes, such as spotting or bleeding prior to a period.

I am concerned that you had pain with urination. Since the bleeding and I assume the pain stopped, you may want to take a wait and watch approach.

If you experience bleeding and pain with urination again, give your doctor a call.

Blood in Urine

Blood in Urine Guide