Sir , I had malaena, endoscopy- Pangastritis, Colonoscopy Multiple diverticulosis

By Anonymous December 18, 2014 - 7:51am

Stool was positive for occult blood and Cryptosporidium. I have taken treatment -
Nitazoxanide 500mgs X BD for 5 days,
As H Pyllory was also found I was given
Omeprazole 20 mgs X BD for 5 days
Amoxycillin !000mgs XBD for 5 days
It was followed by
Omiprazole 20 mgs X BD for 5 days
Clarithromycin 500 mgs X BD for 5 days
Tinedazole 500 mgs X BD for 5 days,

I had malaena only one day and have no symptoms.
What diet and food I should take, Can I take alcohol occasionally or not? What I should take and what I should avoid.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for coming to us for advice.

For the benefit of all our readers, cryptosporidium is an infection caused by tiny cryptosporidium parasites. H. pylori is an infection caused by a type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. Pangastritis indicates generalized inflammation of the gastric mucosa.

Melaena refers to tarry, black stools. It usually implies a bleed at some point early in the gastrointestinal system, usually the esophagus, stomach or duodenum.

Diverticulosis is a condition in which small pouches form in the colon walls.

Your physician should have provided you with dietary restrictions and instructions. It is important to keep well hydrated. Include fruits, vegetables, beans, and whole grains in your diet each day. These foods are high in fiber. Regarding alcohol consumption, check with your physician.

Infections of the Digestive Tract

Infections of the Digestive Tract Guide