so far my period has been late two months in a row.i am having pregnancy symptoms.should i be worried or happy?

By Mrserkardtobe October 17, 2009 - 2:12pm

ok so last month my period was a week late but then it came on but was heavier than usual.now oct and it is a week late again.i havent had any cramping or any pre period spotting but my face has broken out.I am more emotional than usual crying over petty stuff,im eating more and have gained almost 9 pounds in two weeks,my bra size is 38 d and now my boobs are just waiting to spill out of my bra.lol I have been having alot more headaches and a couple of migraines lately,and more fatigue.When i have to use the bathroom im now running to the bathroom because it feels as if im going to bust and now waking up in the midddle of the night going to the bathroom as well. i havent been on any birth control since 2005.and me and my boyfriend have benn doing the pull out method recently.I havent take a pregnancy test yet kinda still in denial at the fact that i may be.Am i pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi there looking for some help please. My last period was a week late and my period is never late but when it came it was very dark and different and it didn't stay as long as they normally do I have them for at lest 7 days this one just stayed for 5 days and I have been very emotional crying out off the blue mood swings breakouts on my face really bad break outs bit off Hart burn can't sleep well at nite tender breasts and so tired in the mornings cant seem to get out off bed. And now my period is last again by 4 days tuck a pregnancy test last month but was negative could I be pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Possibly. Repeat the test one more time. For the most accurate result, test in the morning and use the first urine of the day.

It would be a good idea to consult your gynecologist, who can order a blood pregnancy test.

Regards,

Anonymous

Last month's in August my period was 12 days late. In that 12 days I took 4 pregnancy tests, all which were negative. When I started my period it was my normal flow, not spotting or light at all. Now it's October and I haven't had a period in 35 days. My cycle is usually every 29 days. Could I be pregnant, or should I go to my ob?

If you have had unprotected intercourse since you last period, take a pregnancy test now. For the most accurate result, test in the morning using the first urine of the day.

If you are in your 40s or are approaching your 50s, an irregular menstrual cycle could be a sign of early perimenopause.

Depending on the pregnancy test result, consider talking with your gynecologist/obstetrician.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hey, I need some help! SOO I had the Mirena IUD put in last year and got it taken out in June. I haven't been on any birth control since then and I've been taking care of myself. My boyfriend and I aren't stressing on having a baby but we would like one. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it because my tests come back negitive. But for the past month I have been to the doctors because I can't hold my pee, I'm extremely tired, and I keep getting migraines (they last all day!). He tests me for infections and says I might have one and keeps sending me home with antibiotics but it's not getting better. In August my period was 1 1/2 weeks late. It's September and I'm 3 days late so far- we will see how much longer! But all my tests are negitive. Is there any way that I can give false pregnancy tests and maybe actually be pregnant?

Take a home pregnancy test only if you do not get a period at all this month. For the most accurate result, buy a name brand product, check the expiration date, and test in the morning using the first urine of the day.

If you had a period in August, then you were not pregnant. There is a chance for pregnancy if you had unprotected intercourse since then.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I have had unprotected sex then and I will follow your advice. Thank you!

yossi_

me and my boyfriend are trying to conceive for almost a year and nothing..my periods are mostly irregular but only a couple of days..i havent had my period for 2months and 4 days...i have a couple of symptoms...my back hurts,i have to pee more often,sometimes my boobs are sore,headaches,and thats about it . and i havent had any stress or anything...

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to yossi_)

Hi Yossi
I assume you took a test and it was negative?

If you have been trying for a year with no success you should both be checked out for any kind of infertility issues.

Anonymous

The exact same thing is happening to me now..were you pregnant ?

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: