ask: so far my period has been late two months in a row.i am having pregnancy symptoms.should i be worried or happy?

ok so last month my period was a week late but then it came on but was heavier than oct and it is a week late again.i havent had any cramping or any pre period spotting but my face has broken out.I am more emotional than usual crying over petty stuff,im eating more and have gained almost 9 pounds in two weeks,my bra size is 38 d and now my boobs are just waiting to spill out of my I have been having alot more headaches and a couple of migraines lately,and more fatigue.When i have to use the bathroom im now running to the bathroom because it feels as if im going to bust and now waking up in the midddle of the night going to the bathroom as well. i havent been on any birth control since 2005.and me and my boyfriend have benn doing the pull out method recently.I havent take a pregnancy test yet kinda still in denial at the fact that i may be.Am i pregnant?

Last month's in August my period was 12 days late. In that 12 days I took 4 pregnancy tests, all which were negative. When I started my period it was my normal flow, not spotting or light at all. Now it's October and I haven't had a period in 35 days. My cycle is usually every 29 days. Could I be pregnant, or should I go to my ob?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you have had unprotected intercourse since you last period, take a pregnancy test now. For the most accurate result, test in the morning using the first urine of the day.

If you are in your 40s or are approaching your 50s, an irregular menstrual cycle could be a sign of early perimenopause.

Depending on the pregnancy test result, consider talking with your gynecologist/obstetrician.

Hey, I need some help! SOO I had the Mirena IUD put in last year and got it taken out in June. I haven't been on any birth control since then and I've been taking care of myself. My boyfriend and I aren't stressing on having a baby but we would like one. I haven't put a whole lot of thought into it because my tests come back negitive. But for the past month I have been to the doctors because I can't hold my pee, I'm extremely tired, and I keep getting migraines (they last all day!). He tests me for infections and says I might have one and keeps sending me home with antibiotics but it's not getting better. In August my period was 1 1/2 weeks late. It's September and I'm 3 days late so far- we will see how much longer! But all my tests are negitive. Is there any way that I can give false pregnancy tests and maybe actually be pregnant?

Take a home pregnancy test only if you do not get a period at all this month. For the most accurate result, buy a name brand product, check the expiration date, and test in the morning using the first urine of the day.

If you had a period in August, then you were not pregnant. There is a chance for pregnancy if you had unprotected intercourse since then.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I have had unprotected sex then and I will follow your advice. Thank you!

me and my boyfriend are trying to conceive for almost a year and periods are mostly irregular but only a couple of days..i havent had my period for 2months and 4 days...i have a couple of back hurts,i have to pee more often,sometimes my boobs are sore,headaches,and thats about it . and i havent had any stress or anything...

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to yossi_)

Hi Yossi
I assume you took a test and it was negative?

If you have been trying for a year with no success you should both be checked out for any kind of infertility issues.

The exact same thing is happening to me now..were you pregnant ?

Hi !

I Have a few questions which I would really like to have some answers for ! Me and my girlfriend went on holiday and we made love 9 times or so ( excuse the detail but I need to mention it ) during the holiday and a few times I just rubbed myself against her and put it in for a few seconds without wearing a condom ( Next time I will be sure to wear one ) ! I am 100 % sure that I did not ejaculate inside her ! Our last time was the night before we came home and I again rubbed myself against her and put it in for a few seconds without wearing a condom but each time we really got into it I put a condom on and ejaculated inside the condom ! So she got her period about a day or two after we came home ! What I wanna know is, can I be sure that she is not pregnant since she got her period ? And if somehow sperm got inside of her is there still a chance that she can get pregnant even after getting her period ?? I doubt it though because I think sperm won’t survive until she ovulates again ! I just wanna be sure ?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

She is not pregnant - her period proves this. You can relax. Sperm doesn't survive a period.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: