Addictions

Addictions Guide

ask: Is there any remedies to quit smoking?

By MaryDeb

I know a person who do not want to go for therapies or medicine in order to quite smoking. But he has great faith in natural treatments. Can anyone suggest me some ideas?
Thanks

Hi MaryDeb

Like any addict, your friend has to want to quit! So if he is ready...

Therapy is actually a natural method, talking to someone about their addiction. Others have found that hypnotism or acupuncture and meditation also work wonders.So does exercise and staying away from places or friends who smoke - at least temporarily.

A simple google search can find support groups near him and these can help really well too.

I know he doesn't want medication but honestly, he's putting so much poison in his body with cigarettes, that medication - if it works - is nothing compared to the damage that the cigarettes are doing.

We wish him the best!

MaryDeb (reply to Susan Cody)

Thanks. I will look for support groups in my area and take help from them. Recently, I have seen some changes in my friend and it seems like he is willing to quit.

Do you smoke? :