By June 14, 2016 - 4:12pm

Hi I had a full thyroidectomy one month ago.I went back to work on the third week.I worked a 7 hour day and it really did me in.I had to call in the next four days as I am just so tired why.Mind you I am 60 years old.Help!!!!!!!!

Hi Kotlan09

I'm sorry you're dealing with such fatigue after your thyroid removal. Many people have dealt with the same issue and it's sometimes due to the recovery process (it hasn't been that long for you) or because you need you medicines readjusted.

We have an active thread that I think can help you a lot and I think it's a good idea to make an appointment with your endocrinologist. http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/why-am-i-feeling-bad-after-thyroid-surgery

Susan I appreciate your response to my letter.I actually went today for a blood draw.My primary physician wanted a vitamin B12 done.I am on Levothyroxin 150mg. The surgeon put me on that dose which I was told would have been a good dose for me.Maybe my body is still trying to get use to the medicine.I see the End next week to discuss the findings of my blood test.Thanks again I will keep you posted.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Kotlan09)

Hi again

Good to hear back from you.

A couple of people I know have had to have their meds readjusted a couple of time but hopefully yours will be ok - if not, consider a readjustment as your body knows more than your doctor when it comes to dosages!
It does take time, as you said, for your body to get used to medicine.

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thyroid Conditions