Q: 

too much lubricant during sexual intercourse

By November 28, 2011 - 9:03am

i have this problem of producing too much lubricant during sexual intercourse with my husband. what can i do to rectify this problem. it makes me feel so uncomfortable!is there any medicine i can use? please advice

Anonymous

Help! I have the same problem! This just started off and on about 6 mobths back but has been continous for about 2 months now if that. It was a sudden, out of the nowhere change for me. I'm having a hard time dealing with this. There are no noises involved but it's so much that I feel there's a loss in friction and sex is not as pleasureable as it used to be. It feels almost pointless. I only have one child who is now an adult and childbirth was c-section. I keep hearing more lube is better but this is so life changing its not good for me. I've researched and all I hear is there's not enough research for an answer. I had the Mirena inserted about a year ago. Is it possible that this can be the problem?

Anonymous

Help! I have the same problem! I have one child who is now an adult ans

Hi farida

Thank you for your question and welcome to EmpowHER!

Many might say there is no such thing as too much lubrication during sex - sex is supposed to be wet and sloppy and all sorts of body fluids being exchanged.But if this is too much for you, then it's obviously a problem.

When you say your lubrication makes you uncomfortable, do you mean physically or emotionally? Is sex difficult because your husband keeps slipping out? Can you explain this a little more?

Although medications for certain health conditions can cause a lack of lubrication, I have not heard of any medications you can take to specifically stop this. Plenty of sexual lubrication is generally seen as a good thing.

But your doctor may have some options for you; it's a good idea to ask if there is something he/she can offer.

We hope to hear back from you!

~Susan

thank you for your reply. I am glad to hear that having to much lubricant its not always a problem. What i am not confortable with its the "whoop whoop" sound it makes during the intercourse. That is what makes me emotionaly unconfortable. Before i gave birth i use to have dryeness problem but after having two kids its seems like the lubricant has increased!can it be the cource? Or does the increase of the viginal size has all to do with an increase of the amount of lubricant?

HERWriter Guide (reply to farida)

Hi again farida,

An increase in vaginal size after childbirth could be the cause of those sounds. I understand that this noise during sex can be embarrassing but you may have to just laugh about it with your husband for now!

There are special exercises called kegels that you can do to tighten your vaginal muscles- you can read about that here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-well-being/content/kegels-little-exercise...

As to whether your extra lubrication has happened due to having children - it may have. You may have a change in hormones that is causing this. Vaginal size itself should not affect the amount of lubrication.

Doing kegels might really help you with regard to the noises during sex.

I hope this helps!

~Susan