ask: too much lubricant during sexual intercourse

i have this problem of producing too much lubricant during sexual intercourse with my husband. what can i do to rectify this problem. it makes me feel so uncomfortable!is there any medicine i can use? please advice

Hi farida

Thank you for your question and welcome to EmpowHER!

Many might say there is no such thing as too much lubrication during sex - sex is supposed to be wet and sloppy and all sorts of body fluids being exchanged.But if this is too much for you, then it's obviously a problem.

When you say your lubrication makes you uncomfortable, do you mean physically or emotionally? Is sex difficult because your husband keeps slipping out? Can you explain this a little more?

Although medications for certain health conditions can cause a lack of lubrication, I have not heard of any medications you can take to specifically stop this. Plenty of sexual lubrication is generally seen as a good thing.

But your doctor may have some options for you; it's a good idea to ask if there is something he/she can offer.

We hope to hear back from you!

~Susan

farida (reply to Susan Cody)

thank you for your reply. I am glad to hear that having to much lubricant its not always a problem. What i am not confortable with its the "whoop whoop" sound it makes during the intercourse. That is what makes me emotionaly unconfortable. Before i gave birth i use to have dryeness problem but after having two kids its seems like the lubricant has increased!can it be the cource? Or does the increase of the viginal size has all to do with an increase of the amount of lubricant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to farida)

Hi again farida,

An increase in vaginal size after childbirth could be the cause of those sounds. I understand that this noise during sex can be embarrassing but you may have to just laugh about it with your husband for now!

There are special exercises called kegels that you can do to tighten your vaginal muscles- you can read about that here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-well-being/content/kegels-little-exercise...

As to whether your extra lubrication has happened due to having children - it may have. You may have a change in hormones that is causing this. Vaginal size itself should not affect the amount of lubrication.

Doing kegels might really help you with regard to the noises during sex.

I hope this helps!

~Susan

Do you think sex gets better as you age? :