Pregnancy Guide

DaisyN Guide

ask: Took plan B and am on Birth control

Hi so I am on birth control pills i have been on them for about 2 years. tuesday night I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke while he ejaculated. I always take my pills around 7 pm but the monday the week before i took it at 9:30. I was scared so I took plan b the morning after the accident. Should I be worried at all?

Anonymous

Hey again,
Since my period is due anytime in the next week (I usually get it wednesday of my placebo pills) I am started to get super nervous. Do you think I am going to be pregnant because of what happened? Was it okay that I took my regular birth control pill at 9:30 instead of 7 that monday the week before the accident? Did I even need to take Plan B in the first place? I dont know when I should expect my period and If I should even expect it at all.
Please help me

You have no need to worry, you are fully protected from pregnancy since you still took the pill that day, just a couple of hours later. Your risk of pregnancy is extremely low when taking the Pill exactly as prescribed - which you are. Your risk is less than 2%, I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Anonymous
Hey again,
Please help me

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Are you talking PM or AM when you mention times?

And it's very likely that you should not have taken Plan B.

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: