took plan b heavy bleeding now?

By September 24, 2012 - 11:32am

Long story short, had sex last weekend, just got over my normal period, forgot my tampon was still inside when we did it. He pulled out in time before ya know. Took plan b the next morning, felt weak and cramps, few days later I have been bleeding heavily. What is this?

Hi Tristan.12

Thanks for your post - this kind of bleeding is a common side effect of taking plan b.

Your next period may be irregular as a result - another side effect. Plan B is about 92% effective so your risk of pregnancy is low. If you are concerned if your next period is late you can take a pregnancy test 14+ days after having unprotected sex.