Took two contraceptive pills in a day accidentally, what should I do?

By March 25, 2013 - 8:27am

Ok. I've been taking contraceptive pills for a year already. last week, I accidentally took two pills in a day. I lost track but I didn't noticed it until I saw that I am missing one pill that should be taken last. As I was investigating what went wrong, I found out that I took a SUN pill instead of MON pill. I thought I missed taking a TUE pill, so I took it then after half an hour took WED pill. Then the next morning, I took the THU pill for me to be able to be on track again. So instead to be taking the last pill on a SUN, I took the last one on SAT. That means I lost one pill. I went to the Doc, and asked for advise. At first, I got hoped I'll be having my period this week, but when I asked her, "What if my menstruation don't come?" She said I have to take PT. What should I do?

Hello Susan,

Thanks a lot. It made me feel a lot better. I will wait.

Hi Nurjannah

Your risk of pregnancy is low, especially because you're at the end of your cycle. I think your bleeding will start this week but as your doctor advised, take a test if it doesn't. But again, your risk is low.

Continue to take your birth control pill when you are due to take it again, if you don't know if you are pregnant but you can test in the next week.