Treating Muscular Dystrophy using Exon-Skipping Therapy

My brothere is 8 years old, he is suffering from duchenne muscular dystrophy, we have been trying to find any cure or treatment since he was 5 years old. We are in desprate need for your help.
I would like to know how can we get him through your exon-skipping therapy trial? Where is your center located? and how FAST can we do that?!?!
Please... Please... we really need your help... and we hope that you might be able to help us in any way!!
Thank you so much! Thank you for your time!

I have two sons with Duchenne MD. One is 19 and one is 20. Diagnosed at age 5.
Over the years the best I have found to be best is glutamide, creatine, vitamin C chewable and a liquid multi vitamin. this will keep kids with this disease healthy, eating and regualr until there is a cure.

Anon - EmpowHER has more than one million visitors every month and we are not able to provide updates to individuals. The best way to stay informed is to register as a member of the site and to stay in touch. We have information that will help your entire family take care of their health.
Best wishes for your brother. Please keep us posted on his progress.

Dear Anon

Thanks for your post and welcome! Thank you also for advocating for your brother this way and I'm so sorry he's dealing with DMD.

EmpowHER does not conduct clinical trials.

However, I did some research and I think I may have found the trial you are looking for. The first American trial is at Children's Hospital, Columbus, Ohio. However, they were beginning to recruit in June of this year. I don't know if the trial has started yet.

These are the requirements for you brother in order to be suitable for this particular trial:

1.Be diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.

2.Have been in a wheelchair full time for at least one year, but no more than four years. If a boy is walking, or uses a wheelchair only part time, he will not be a candidate for this study.

3.Have one of the following out-of-frame deletions in the DMD gene:

•exons 13-50
•exons 29-50
•exons 43-50
•exons 45-50
•exons 47-50
•exons 48-50
•exons 49-50
•exon 50
•exon 52

You can read more here, as well as find contact information: http://quest.mda.org/news/first-us-exon-skipping-trial-opens

You can also contact the Muscular Dystropy Association to find more about upcoming clinical trials or for a local contact.

Also, please head to our MD page where you can read more, as well as informative articles and information that can help you further.

Please let us know if this helps and we wish you and your brother the very best,

Dear Susan

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!
We will be contacting the Study Coordinator: Xiomara Quintero Rosales, M.D.
Thank you again and I would like you to inform me of any new treatments concerning DMD.
Thank you

Muscular Dystrophy

Muscular Dystrophy Guide