Bell's Palsy

Bell's Palsy Guide

ask: Uncontrollable Muscle Contraction in the Face

i have this and i don't know if i have more variations of it, sometimes i get the clenched jaw and some times one side of my mouth droops so far down like its trying to pull towards my chin, i was ordinary diagnosed with facial palsy but now i don't know if its still facial palsy or it has transcended into something else. lately work has been strenous for me cos its the end of the year and sales is always at the peak by this time but i cant keep up with work cos i always feel faint and weak before my face starts distorting, i really need help, i'm just 27 and i've had dis for 5yrs.... any information will be really helpful. thank u.

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

If this is getting worse, you need to see your doctor. There are many kinds of palsy - it sounds like you may have Bell's Palsy.

Are you on any antiviral medication or it physical therapy? If not, this is something you need to talk to your doctor about. Most people do recover from this kind of palsy in weeks or months so some do not.

Do you know what triggered it? Pregnancy triggered it for a friend of mine but there are many other triggers:

Paralysis of the facial nerve may be caused by:

• Head or facial injuries
  • Tumors
  • Strokes
  • Abscess
  • HIV
  • Infection
  • Autoimmune disease
  • Drug therapy, such as chemotherapy
  • Hereditary diseases
  • Other conditions that cause paralysis of the facial nerve

Risk Factors

These factors increase your chance of developing Bell's palsy. Tell your doctor if you have any of these risk factors:

You can read a lot more here:  http://www.empowher.com/condition/bells-palsy

Let me know what you think!