ask: UTO obstruction & possible hydronephrosis

By Rachel127 January 15, 2013 - 12:25pm

I'm an NHS patient who is currently waiting to see the specialist for what the doc suspects to be a UTO and possible Hydronephrosis. Just curious about this Hydronephrosis (i'm told is swelling of the kidney and inflates the kidney with excess urine). I didn't think to ask before but if my kidney is filled with excess water, surely i should limit the amount i drink or infact do i continue to drink as normal?

Hi Rachel!

Thanks for your post.

I assume your doctor made you aware that hydronephrosis is quite a serious condition? I know the NHS can be relatively free but with that comes long waiting times. When is your appointment?

You need to talk to your doctor about what to do in terms of diet and liquids while you wait.

In the meantime, here is more information for you:

Please keep us updated!

Rachel127 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi thanks for replying!

Just wanted to clarify that I haven't officially been diagnosed with Hydronephrosis, it is purely a guess. This was my concern with lacking information on drinking. My appointment is bizarrely with a urogynaecologist as it's an old appointment. I have 2 weeks exactly out of a total 9 weeks wait.

Do you think given the prognosis of 'possible' hydro and ureteral obstruction, the urogyny will order a CT scan or something? And hopefully if they find it I assume he would refer me to the right dept?

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :