Was told there was segmental bluish mucosa in the terminal ileum

had a colonoscopy because I have painful diarrhea everyday.doc took several pieces of tissue from colon and everywhere to be biopsied. He noted that there was segmental bluish mucosa in the terminal ileum.he took some of it for biopsy. What does this mean.its been 1 week no news but I'm out of town and unreachable by phone.should I be worried about this?

This result may mean that you have some kind of digestive condition including diverticulitis, colitis or Crohn's disease. Nobody here can diagnose you, I'm just making suggestions.

Read more on diverticulitis and colitis here:

You can also read about Crohn's here:

All of these conditions fall under the umbrella of Inflammatory Bowel Disease.

Don't over-research when you're away. Talk to your doctor as soon as you get back to know more. I hope you can get good treatment soon so you feel better.

Inflammatory Bowel Disease