west nile encephalitis?

If I've had encephalitis before (caused by chicken pox) are my chances of getting higher if I get the west Nile virus?

Im not a doctor, but my mother contracted encephalitis from mumps right after my birth 40 years ago. Last September she was put in ICU for West Nile virus, and she passed away Thanksgiving day. Please be aware.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Empowher. The West Nile Virus is carried by mosquitos and the best way to reduce your chances of getting it is to always wear mosquito repellant. The Center of Disease Control offers suggestions here http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/westnile/wnv_factSheet.htm.

I hope this helps.

Encephalitis Guide