Pregnancy Guide

DaisyN Guide

ask: What are the chances of me getting pregnant at 45?

I am about to have my IUD removed and am seriously thinking about not using any other form of birth control. I turned 45 in August and do not have any children. It's not that I'm trying, but if it happens I will be happy. My husband have been married for 2 years and he has two daughters ages 24 and 18 from his first marriage. My sister is a Registered Nurse and thinks that it will be okay if I did become pregnant. Please give me some advice.

misvives HERWriter Guide

Having a baby in your 40s is not that uncommon and there is more advanced medical technology that helps pregnant women in perimenopause. Talk to your physician once you have the IUD removed and since they have your medical history, they will be more inept to provide you information about possibility of pregnancy.
Sometimes, pregnancy in your 40s depends on many different things including any ailments you may be experiencing. Your physician should certainly be able to answer any questions you may have. Here is a great website that offers information about Mothers over 40 http://www.mothersover40.com/over45.html.
I hope this helps. Good Luck.
Missie

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: