What are my chances that im pregnant?

By September 2, 2009 - 7:58am

Ok i have been on bc for a lil over a year.. I was on ortho cyclen for a year and my doc changed it because i was having terrible headaches. She switched me to ortho tri cyclen (lower dose) well im on my 3rd pack of them and i ALWAYS miss atleast one pill out the pack sometimes more.. (i have a 2 1/2 year old that takes up my time lol) but here is my question i am a sunday starter and i missed my pills on the 25th and 26th but doubled up on the 27th. I had unprotected sex the 24th, 25th, and 26th. I take my first non hormonal pill this coming sunday. What are my chances?

Yes, thanks i will keep you updated!

Hi Keaganzmom

Your chances of getting pregnant are relatively low since your made up your lost pills (when you say you "doubled up" on the 27th that should mean you took three pills that day, not two - right? So you tripled up? )- but just remember that missing two pills in a row and having sex on those days will raise your risk.

I know a toddler will make someone very busy - my kids are 3, 4 and 5 and some days I barely have the time to breathe - but missing birth control as regularly as you do is really raising your risk of pregnancy. And another baby will make you a lot busier than your toddler alone! You really do need to take the time, every day, to take your pill. It only takes a few seconds and it's just something you have to remember! I know it's easier said that done (there are evenings I know I have forgotten my vitamin supplements and am just too tired to deal with it but that's not as serious as forgetting birth control).

If your period is a few days late do take a pregnancy test but if you "tripled up" like I think you did, you should be ok. Check the instructions on your packet for missed pills, to be sure. Will you keep us updated?

I wish you the best and enjoy your toddler!