What are natural ways to dry out pimples?

By Blogger March 10, 2015 - 3:02pm

Lately I've been breaking out a lot. I've always used the same moisturizer so I don't know if that's it or not. There are some breakouts on my cheek that have been there over a week and I'm having a hard time getting rid of them. What are some natural ways I can dry out pimples?

Hi Hayden

A dab of witch hazel can help with acne. Tea tree oil is also a good idea. You can buy organic version of both at the body shop or other similar place - the price is good and you're helping small, fare-trade businesses too! 

What works for a lot of people is a tiny dab of toothpaste on each pimple. Let it dry and keep it there overnight - it dries out pimples quite well! 

Apple cider vinegar - which seems to be a cure for a lot of things - also helps well with acne! Dab some on for at least 10 mins, wash off and use a light moisturizer. 

Citrus is also great and dries out pimples.  Use lemon or lime juice. Dab some on your spots and then squeeze plenty into a bowl of very, very hot water and put your face over it (with your head covered with a towel) for a 10 minute steam.  

One thing I often heard about as a kid was the good old spud! Mash raw potato into a paste and use as a face pack for 20 mins.  Wash and moisturize. 

Let us know if any of these work for you. I'd try the toothpaste tonight! 

Beauty Guide