What are the possible drawbacks of getting a full Brazilian waxing?

By Anonymous November 8, 2013 - 11:31am

Hi, I'm considering getting my first full Brazilian waxing treatment, but I'm nervous about regrowth itching and in-grown hairs, as well as wax burns. Is this a problem? Are there other potential pitfalls or questions I should be asking before selecting a service provider? Thanks.

Hi Anonymous

The first thing you can do is make sure you go to a waxing professional who is licensed and has experience so that burns or the like won't be an issue. You can have a small patch done first to make sure the wax isn't too hot.

Other than that, the premise is pretty simple - you will be waxed until you are hairless. Exfoliate before you go in. Waxing can take 20-30 minutes and you will likely experience discomfort. Waxing is not painless but done properly, it's shouldn't be too bad. It should last from 2-6 weeks. Using a loofa to scrub the area can help to avoid ingrown hairs. You can ask your provider more about these tips that can help maintain the waxed area.

If you do get bumps and spots from it (I cannot get waxed, I get bumps no matter what kind of wax is used) ask if there are lotions that can help to avoid this.

The good news is that if you don't like it, it'll grow back!

Has this helped?

HERWriter (reply to Susan Cody)

Yes, thanks for the information.

Beauty Guide