ask: What causes a jaw to pop while eating?

By kraebel December 12, 2009 - 10:58pm

I've noticed that when I wake up to eat I have this popping noise back on my jaw towards my ear but just underneath it. It's not all the time but, it has been more noticeable lately.

For the past few years my jaw always clicked, and at one stage I couldn't open my mouth very far or chew because it hurt. 2 weeks ago I woke up to my jaw being in so much pain, the doctors said it was jaw dysfunction and they don't know why it happens. I had therapy on it once, but that did nothing..
Just then after 2 weeks I yawned and it popped back in place..

i was eating and had this problem - my jaw popped and didnt want to fully open after. i simply tried to re-pop it back into place by making a similar motion with my jaw that had originally popped it, and with a after a few min popped it back into place.. :)

I'm 15 and I've been having this jaw problem. Since I was atleast 11. I have been having small pops in my jaw everytime I open my mouth. Only once had I had an experience of undescribable. Pain. And all the syptoms happen in my right jaw only.

I have the same problem i havent been to the doctors or the dentist but mine usually pops wen i take one bit and then stops but right after it like its tight and so i usually just mistake it or put a walk waterbottle on it and it sometimes helps

that is exactly what's happening with me! I am also 15 and it is only on the right side. It get so annoying!

i know. but luckily for me i got a dentist appointment tommarow so ill ask them whats up :p

It is your temperomandibular joint.

It souds like I may have TMJ
Thanks again :)

I do have 1/2 the syndrome's...I will follow up w/ a dentist soon. Do you know how it is treated?
Thanks for the info!

TMJ Disorder