What could be the reason for my thinning hair?

By September 10, 2013 - 7:15pm

Im a 21 year old girl, my family has a history of thin hair but mine has been getting worse since i was probably 17 or 18... ive done blood tests its not any thyroid problems or autoimmune disorders, ive taken all the supplemental pills and anything i can find thats supposed to help with hair but im not having any luck. any suggestions?

Oh, I've had massive hair fall, I tried dozens of products, shampoos, but to no avail, until someone recommended me a treatment to use and does not take hair fell in addition regenerates and hair down. I said to try it because it had come to despair, my bad hair fall. All I can say is that I think it is something better in the trade, it also has a price that is very reasonable. Now, yes, I feel ok, hair is in place :) I do not fall. I bought him at the address below, if someone wants to try, I recommend it because it is the best, talking from experience, luck.

Maybe your hair loss problem is hereditary and I am glad you have started the treatment as well. But for the time being, you can use the 20 inch hair extensions to add some volume and length to your thinning hair.

Hi taylor1992,

Welcome to EmpowHER.  There are a wide range of conditions that can bring on hair loss, with some of the most common being pregnancy, thyroid disorders, and anemia. Others include autoimmune diseases, Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and skin conditions such as psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis, stress or trauma and having a family history of hair thinning can also be the cause.  You need to check with your doctor, to make sure none of these conditions can be t causing your hair loss.  Also, seeing a dermatologist will be able to determine the type of treatment that would be best for you.

(reply to Anonymous)

ive been to the doctor several times and we have ruled out all of those conditions i havent seen a dermatologist because i dont know of anything that they could do other than say if i have some sort of issue.

HERWriter Guide (reply to taylor1992)

Hi Taylor,

If this is genetic and it seems like it is, you may need to look into something like hair transplants. Have you considered this?

i have but it actually turns out that i do not have enough hair to do hair transplants because my hair is thinning all over and not just the top of my head :/

HERWriter Guide (reply to taylor1992)

Hi again

I'm sorry about that. I do know a couple of women with the same issue and they often go to a really good stylist who can give them the best style for someone with thinning hair. If you don't have lighter hair already, consider going a bit lighter as dark hair really shows up the bald spots. My little daughter has grown out of a condition called Loose Anagen Syndrome but when she was getting very bald, we created very funky, artistic styles by gathering up her hair and making it into tiny buns with fun bands and ribbons and the like, to take away the bald look. It worked really well.

Of course, ribbons may be too juvenile for an adult but there are beads and bands an adult woman can use so that they have creative hairstyles that are gorgeous but done in a way that can cover baldness. They take 10-20 mins to do every morning but they look great. If you can find a stylist that knows how to work these styles for women with thinning hair, that would be great. Biotin also helps thicken hair (and is great for skin and nails too) - you can get a supplement of biotin to take everyday and also use shampoos and conditioners that have this in them.  Hats, caps and headscarves also look really good.

If I can find any pictures of these styles I will post them here. Thinning hair is very hard emotionally for women but don't give up.

thanks for the suggestions. i am currently taking biotin and kinda just dealing with it. my grandmother recommended this site to me so i thought i could see if someone had any new ideas.

Hair Loss

Hair Loss Guide