What do you do if you have never had sex but you haven't had your period for about 32 days?

By whatawhatawhoha May 17, 2009 - 8:36pm

I am almost 14 years old. It may seem weird that I am on a website to ask about my lady problems but my mother and sister are no help and my dad, well, he is my dad. I have had my period for over a year and from then to now I have kept an accurate record of when I have gotten and when I have ended my menstrual cycle. Since January or December of this year (well not December, but ya) I have gotten my period on the 16th. It is now may and I expected to get my period yesterday but it didn't come. Hopefully I thought it would come today but it didn't. I am now really worried because I know I can't be pregnant since I have never had sex and it doesn't seem normal today to have not of had your period in 32 days. I have no idea what to do except to just wait and stress myself out. Please help me because I am not sure if this is just normal or if I am really going crazy.

Thank you very much,

A. N. W.

(don't laugh at me my parent's didn't mean to name me after a root beer company.)

Anonymous

I am 11 years old and have had my period for one year. Obviously, I am a Virgin! But, haven't had my period in around six weeks. What do I do? Really worried and stressing out :/ talking to my friends, they say it's normal, but just to be sure! Thanks

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

EmpowHER is for people 13 and over. Talk to a trusted adult.
(Hint: it's normal).

Anonymous

Hi I'm 13 years old, I haven't had my period for about 2-3 months now and I'm really worried. I'm not pregnant because I haven't had sex.what does this mean? I need information? Please?

You are far too young for sex.
Your period is probably irregular due to your age. For some women, it can take several years for their periods to regulate. Missing a few months here and there at your age isn't generally something to worry about. Talk to your doctor about it on your next visit.

Anonymous

Hi I'm 15 and I have had a regular period sense I was like 13 but I'm I'm not u know bleeding . I haven't done anything to cause it to stop. (Vergin, mostly healthy, gets a lot of sleep but not tonight) My parents think it's caused from stress. Is this true? How can I help this so I start normally.

It's a bit disturbing to think a 15 year old is under so much stress that she is missing periods. You need to work on this and ask for your parents' help. What kind of stress are you under? And how long have you been missing periods?

Anonymous

I'm 13 and my period have come in like 2 month and I never have sex . Is it normal my period late?
Sincerely emily

Hi Emily

You are far too young for sex.
Your period is probably irregular due to your age. For some women, it can take several years for their periods to regulate.

Anonymous

I am 18 years old and only had a forced period once never again what do i do i was sexually abused when i was little...

You need to be seen by medical professionals, there may have been damage to your reproductive organs due to sexual abuse. You should also receive counseling for the crimes committed against you. Also, it may bot be too late to press charges.

You most certainly need to see a health care professional .

Please let us know how things go for you.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: