Q: 

What do you do if you have never had sex but you haven't had your period for about 32 days?

By May 17, 2009 - 8:36pm

I am almost 14 years old. It may seem weird that I am on a website to ask about my lady problems but my mother and sister are no help and my dad, well, he is my dad. I have had my period for over a year and from then to now I have kept an accurate record of when I have gotten and when I have ended my menstrual cycle. Since January or December of this year (well not December, but ya) I have gotten my period on the 16th. It is now may and I expected to get my period yesterday but it didn't come. Hopefully I thought it would come today but it didn't. I am now really worried because I know I can't be pregnant since I have never had sex and it doesn't seem normal today to have not of had your period in 32 days. I have no idea what to do except to just wait and stress myself out. Please help me because I am not sure if this is just normal or if I am really going crazy.

Thank you very much,

A. N. W.

(don't laugh at me my parent's didn't mean to name me after a root beer company.)

Anonymous

Hi I'm 14 I just had my period for the first time December 11, 2016 and each month since then I had my period until February I wasn't to worried until a month past and now it's almost April and I still haven't had it it's been almost two months before you ask no I have not ever had sex or kissed anyone I'm really worried I'm to embarrassed to talk to my mom about it too please help me

Hello Anon

There is nothing to worry about (and nothing to be embarrassed about but I understand it's not an easy thing to talk about!) - period for the first year or two are often irregular. It makes it a bit annoying when trying to plan but it's just the nature of things. It has nothing to do with sex or interactions with boys.

Your hormones are changing and you are growing - nothing stays the same for long, including period dates, for some young girls.

It will be along when it's ready. Just carry supplies in a little bag in your backpack or whatever you carry around. Your cycle will sort itself out soon enough; you haven't your periods long enough to even establish a pattern.

Anonymous

Hi I'm 13 and I've never had sex and my period is always late. It gets later and later each time so last time it started on the 28th and It's december and it's the 31st my period hasn't started and I'm nervous how do I tell my mom? Also my periods are always really heavy and hurt extermely bad.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please mention this to your pediatrician during your next visit.

During the early years of menstruation, a young girl's cycle can be irregular. They can become regular, but some women will have irregular periods throughout their lives.

Regards,

Please can someone help me I'm 15 years old and I've never had sex I'm 38 days late for my period and have been feeling sick for the past 6 days I don't know what's wrong with me please can someone help me?xx

Guide (reply to Molly15)

Hello Molly15,

Ask your parent or guardian to contact the pediatrician's office.
In the early years of menstruating, a young girl's period can be irregular. in your case, you want to rule out a hormonal issue.

When you say you feel sick, are you having nausea and vomiting? a fever? fatigue? Mention this to the pediatrician. It may be a virus.

Regards,

Anonymous

I'm 14 and I have had sexual intercourse with my loved one I haven't gotten my period and its a week late. I'm worried I might me pregnant but I don't think I am because I have used a condom and I haven't had sexual intercourse with my loved one in almost two months. I have had the problem where my period has skipped a couple of days and I'm scared to talk to my mom.

You may be irregular just due to being so young - at 14, your cycle is still regulating itself and may do so for several more years.

But take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

Anonymous

Hi,
I'm 14 and I haven't had my period in a little over a month. I haven't ever had sex or even kissed anyone! But I am getting a lot of discharge and am bloating a lot. Does that mean anything? Sorry if this may sound stupid I'm just nervous since I have gotten my period regularly for the last year.
Thanks,
J.K.B

if your having a lot of discharge your gonna have your period really soon