What do you do if you have never had sex but you haven't had your period for about 32 days?

By May 17, 2009 - 8:36pm

I am almost 14 years old. It may seem weird that I am on a website to ask about my lady problems but my mother and sister are no help and my dad, well, he is my dad. I have had my period for over a year and from then to now I have kept an accurate record of when I have gotten and when I have ended my menstrual cycle. Since January or December of this year (well not December, but ya) I have gotten my period on the 16th. It is now may and I expected to get my period yesterday but it didn't come. Hopefully I thought it would come today but it didn't. I am now really worried because I know I can't be pregnant since I have never had sex and it doesn't seem normal today to have not of had your period in 32 days. I have no idea what to do except to just wait and stress myself out. Please help me because I am not sure if this is just normal or if I am really going crazy.

Thank you very much,

A. N. W.

(don't laugh at me my parent's didn't mean to name me after a root beer company.)

Please can someone help me I'm 15 years old and I've never had sex I'm 38 days late for my period and have been feeling sick for the past 6 days I don't know what's wrong with me please can someone help me?xx

Guide (reply to Molly15)

Hello Molly15,

Ask your parent or guardian to contact the pediatrician's office.
In the early years of menstruating, a young girl's period can be irregular. in your case, you want to rule out a hormonal issue.

When you say you feel sick, are you having nausea and vomiting? a fever? fatigue? Mention this to the pediatrician. It may be a virus.

I'm 14 and I have had sexual intercourse with my loved one I haven't gotten my period and its a week late. I'm worried I might me pregnant but I don't think I am because I have used a condom and I haven't had sexual intercourse with my loved one in almost two months. I have had the problem where my period has skipped a couple of days and I'm scared to talk to my mom.

You may be irregular just due to being so young - at 14, your cycle is still regulating itself and may do so for several more years.

But take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

I'm 14 and I haven't had my period in a little over a month. I haven't ever had sex or even kissed anyone! But I am getting a lot of discharge and am bloating a lot. Does that mean anything? Sorry if this may sound stupid I'm just nervous since I have gotten my period regularly for the last year.

if your having a lot of discharge your gonna have your period really soon

It sounds like your period is on it's way. It's ok that it's late - periods in the teen years are often unpredictable.

Some females have a lot of discharge, some less. All this will even out for you in the next couple of years (I know that sounds like forever!) .

Stress can also affect the cycle. Try to relax, your period will arrive in time.

I'm 15 I haven't had sex and my period is about 4 days late and today I started to have sort of spotting and it's around the time I get my period and so far everything I read on the Internet is saying I might be pregnant. Can someone help me

It sounds like your period is on it's way. I don't know what sites you are visiting that are telling a person they could be pregnant if they have not had sex but don't click in these sites. You're not pregnant.

I last had sexual intercourse I'm January , I had a period in February but I have missed my period in March !
I can't be pregnant because I haven't done anything sexual since January.
I have exams coming up in May , could this be due to stress or something else ? I am very worried about this.