What do you do if you have never had sex but you haven't had your period for about 32 days?

By May 17, 2009 - 8:36pm

I am almost 14 years old. It may seem weird that I am on a website to ask about my lady problems but my mother and sister are no help and my dad, well, he is my dad. I have had my period for over a year and from then to now I have kept an accurate record of when I have gotten and when I have ended my menstrual cycle. Since January or December of this year (well not December, but ya) I have gotten my period on the 16th. It is now may and I expected to get my period yesterday but it didn't come. Hopefully I thought it would come today but it didn't. I am now really worried because I know I can't be pregnant since I have never had sex and it doesn't seem normal today to have not of had your period in 32 days. I have no idea what to do except to just wait and stress myself out. Please help me because I am not sure if this is just normal or if I am really going crazy.

Thank you very much,

A. N. W.

(don't laugh at me my parent's didn't mean to name me after a root beer company.)

Anonymous

I'm 14 and I have had sexual intercourse with my loved one I haven't gotten my period and its a week late. I'm worried I might me pregnant but I don't think I am because I have used a condom and I haven't had sexual intercourse with my loved one in almost two months. I have had the problem where my period has skipped a couple of days and I'm scared to talk to my mom.

You may be irregular just due to being so young - at 14, your cycle is still regulating itself and may do so for several more years.

But take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

Anonymous

Hi,
I'm 14 and I haven't had my period in a little over a month. I haven't ever had sex or even kissed anyone! But I am getting a lot of discharge and am bloating a lot. Does that mean anything? Sorry if this may sound stupid I'm just nervous since I have gotten my period regularly for the last year.
Thanks,
J.K.B

if your having a lot of discharge your gonna have your period really soon

Hi JKB

It sounds like your period is on it's way. It's ok that it's late - periods in the teen years are often unpredictable.

Some females have a lot of discharge, some less. All this will even out for you in the next couple of years (I know that sounds like forever!) .

Stress can also affect the cycle. Try to relax, your period will arrive in time.

Anonymous

I'm 15 I haven't had sex and my period is about 4 days late and today I started to have sort of spotting and it's around the time I get my period and so far everything I read on the Internet is saying I might be pregnant. Can someone help me

It sounds like your period is on it's way. I don't know what sites you are visiting that are telling a person they could be pregnant if they have not had sex but don't click in these sites. You're not pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi
I last had sexual intercourse I'm January , I had a period in February but I have missed my period in March !
I can't be pregnant because I haven't done anything sexual since January.
I have exams coming up in May , could this be due to stress or something else ? I am very worried about this.

Stress can certainly affect the menstrual cycle. If you are very worried then take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

Anonymous

Hi so I'm 16 and my period is a tad late. I haven't had sex but I have done some things; however, none of those posed a threat to getting me pregnant so I don't believe it could be that. And I'm a very paranoid person that I could be pregnant. I did have a very stressful week last week and I'm still slightly stressed and a bit tired. I've been sick for about a month and a half from a cough, then a cold, and now my allergies. Is it possible that these are the reasons why it's a bit late? Also, before it has been a bit normal for my period to not come until later because of how stressed I was. I'm just more nervous because I'm a bit more sexually active now.