What do you do if you have never had sex but you haven't had your period for about 32 days?

By whatawhatawhoha May 17, 2009 - 8:36pm

I am almost 14 years old. It may seem weird that I am on a website to ask about my lady problems but my mother and sister are no help and my dad, well, he is my dad. I have had my period for over a year and from then to now I have kept an accurate record of when I have gotten and when I have ended my menstrual cycle. Since January or December of this year (well not December, but ya) I have gotten my period on the 16th. It is now may and I expected to get my period yesterday but it didn't come. Hopefully I thought it would come today but it didn't. I am now really worried because I know I can't be pregnant since I have never had sex and it doesn't seem normal today to have not of had your period in 32 days. I have no idea what to do except to just wait and stress myself out. Please help me because I am not sure if this is just normal or if I am really going crazy.

Thank you very much,

A. N. W.

(don't laugh at me my parent's didn't mean to name me after a root beer company.)

Anonymous

I'm 15 I haven't had sex and my period is about 4 days late and today I started to have sort of spotting and it's around the time I get my period and so far everything I read on the Internet is saying I might be pregnant. Can someone help me

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It sounds like your period is on it's way. I don't know what sites you are visiting that are telling a person they could be pregnant if they have not had sex but don't click in these sites. You're not pregnant.

Anonymous

Hi
I last had sexual intercourse I'm January , I had a period in February but I have missed my period in March !
I can't be pregnant because I haven't done anything sexual since January.
I have exams coming up in May , could this be due to stress or something else ? I am very worried about this.

Stress can certainly affect the menstrual cycle. If you are very worried then take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

Anonymous

Hi so I'm 16 and my period is a tad late. I haven't had sex but I have done some things; however, none of those posed a threat to getting me pregnant so I don't believe it could be that. And I'm a very paranoid person that I could be pregnant. I did have a very stressful week last week and I'm still slightly stressed and a bit tired. I've been sick for about a month and a half from a cough, then a cold, and now my allergies. Is it possible that these are the reasons why it's a bit late? Also, before it has been a bit normal for my period to not come until later because of how stressed I was. I'm just more nervous because I'm a bit more sexually active now.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

High stress levels can cause a late period. During periods of stress, the body produces more of the hormone called cortisol. In response, certain bodily functions considered non essential shut down. The menstrual cycle is one.

What exactly do you mean by " a bit more sexually active now"?

Pregnancy is possible if you have engaged in unprotected sexual intercourse- with penetration and ejaculation.

Just try to relax. If you do not get a period this month, and have been sexually active, take a home pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning and use the first urine when you wake up.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hey I am 15 years old, I have not had sex at all or any sexual contact with another person at all. I have not had my period for six months, should I consult with a doctor? It is not the first time before, one time it was four months. However I was regular when I started my period at ten. When I turned 13 it began to skip a month or it was every two months but on the same date. Now it is completely random and I don't get signs of it coming like I use to. I know I am not pregnant, but am very worried.

Since it has been 6 months without a period, talk to your doctor now. You may have something like a hormonal imbalance that needs treatment.

You can read more about the absence of periods here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/amenorrhea

Anonymous

I am 11 years old and have had my period for one year. Obviously, I am a Virgin! But, haven't had my period in around six weeks. What do I do? Really worried and stressing out :/ talking to my friends, they say it's normal, but just to be sure! Thanks

EmpowHER is for people 13 and over. Talk to a trusted adult.
(Hint: it's normal).