Q: 

What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Hi, I keep my pills next to my bed and I looked and saw that I am two days ahead, meaning I must have taken three in one day. I have accidentally taken two before and I think I may have taken the third in my sleep because I sleep walk and sleep talk and have previously done things like stand up and brush my teeth in my sleep-things that are my routine. I had sex (with a condom) on Friday, which was the night I accidentally took three. After this, I continued to take my birth control Saturday and tonight, just continuing the pack. I've done research and seen people have felt sick after accidentally doing that. I haven't really felt nauseas, but I have a low dose. Is there any way I could be pregnant? I was unsure if the extra I took maybe did the opposite effect which I know is counterintuitive (and we used a condom anyway) but I am just overthinking and nervous! The birth control is now moved so I can't reach it by accident in my sleep. It is minastrin.

Hello Anon

There is probably no risk since you used a condom- You will need to use a condom for the next 7 days also.

Anonymous

Hi, I just started taking birth control 6 days ago for the first time in months. After 5 days I had unprotected sex being dumb and he finished inside me. My doctor said use protection for 7days when starting. How high is the risk of me getting pregnant? I took two pills on day 6 because I was nervous. Should I get a plan B just in case, I had sex a little over 24h ago. Would plan B be okay to take while taking birth control?

Anonymous

Hi, I took 3 pills last night because I forgot to bring my pill pack with me on an overnighter. I use Cyclafem. I don't know, but I have been feeling nauseous today, but it could be some greasy food I ate.

Anonymous

Hi! I forgot to take my pill for two days and took 3 on the next day i remembered. I'm not feeling anything weird after taking 3 tablets but im worried of getting pregnant coz me and my bf had uprotected sex on those 2days that i forgot to take my pill...?

Hello Anon
There is always some risk if you don't take your pills. Your risk is likely low.

Anonymous

Hi me me my boyfriend had sex last night and I am on the pill norgeston (if that's how you spell it) basically we thought it would be nice to see what it felt like without a condom at first; we didn't do it much and then we continued to have sex with a condom on. He came in to the condom but I'm concerned if he pre ejaculated and maybe that clear fluid that normally comes out went in side of me when we weren't using the condom.. I am normally really good with my pill and since I've been working nights just one day last Saturday I had forgotten to take it when I got home and took it when I had woken up from my sleep. Can I trust this pill? I've been on it for a good few months now but am still concerned that I could be pregnant as i am aware that the precome as people call it does contain a small amount of sperm.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You can relax because you take your pill each day and are protected from becoming pregnant. You can trust this pill.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi my boyfriend and I have unprotected sex 3 days after my period. He did not ejaculate inside me, but we had done it more than once that day and I fear that the precum may have contained sperm. 3 days after we had sex I took 4 birth control pills at once. I ovulated yesterday on the 20th of January and am experiencing a thick white creamy discharge as of now. I am supposed to have my period on February 4th. Could i be pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Wait and if your period is late by at least seven days, test for pregnancy.

The big concern is why you took four birth control pills at the same time. Are these your pills or did you take some one else's pills?

Regards,