What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Hi my boyfriend and I have unprotected sex 3 days after my period. He did not ejaculate inside me, but we had done it more than once that day and I fear that the precum may have contained sperm. 3 days after we had sex I took 4 birth control pills at once. I ovulated yesterday on the 20th of January and am experiencing a thick white creamy discharge as of now. I am supposed to have my period on February 4th. Could i be pregnant?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Wait and if your period is late by at least seven days, test for pregnancy.

The big concern is why you took four birth control pills at the same time. Are these your pills or did you take some one else's pills?

Regards,

Anonymous

Today I discovered I missed two pills. Now I was extremely confused about this and panicked. I take my pill at the same time every day and could swear up and down I didn't miss any but lo and behold, I'm two days behind. I didn't really stop to think and took three pills and am unsure what'll happen. Just going to my period was never a first thought because my periods were beginning to get painful again (I have endo) so I was advised to stop taking breaks. Unlike other times when I have BTB my discharge hasn't changed and I haven't begun spotting yet. Should I be concerned? I can't see my doctor until January.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I do not think you need to be concerned. Can you leave a message with your gynecologist, who can telephone you prior to an appointment?

Regards,

Anonymous

I just realized today that I've been forgetting to take my pills. I forgot Wednesday Thursday and Friday I started bleeding today (Friday) should I be concerned? And what should I do

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This is probably withdrawal bleeding. Check with your gynecologist, but I would think you should wait for the bleeding to stop, discard any remaining active and inactive pills, and start a new pack when the bleeding ends.

Regards,

Anonymous

Two days after my period was over I had unprotected sex because I have been taking the pill for about a year now. The day after I had sex I noticed I was accidentally taking the sugar pills instead of my actual birth control pills. I was scared I would end up pregnant so as soon as I noticed, I took all 4 pills at once. The next morning I threw up and then went to the store to buy the plan B pill. In total I went 11 days without taking my pills because as you know, during your period you are only taking sugar pills..not your actual birth control pills. I researched and learned that when you take more than 2 pills at a time, bleeding is to be expected, but i have not bleed yet and it's been nearly a week. Is there a chance that I may be pregnant because I havent bleed yet? I do know I need to take a test but I wanted an honest opinion before I buy one. If you think there is a chance I could be pregnant, when is the earlier i could take a test?

Your risk of pregnancy is low, especially as you took Plan B

A test can be taken 14-21 days after sex.

Anonymous

Took 4 pills and 4 pills after 12 hours but i vomitted the the 2nd dose and freaked out so i took again the 2 days after 4 pill and 4 pills after 12 hours. Should i be concerned?

This is a very disorganized way to take pills - we can't say if they will work - call your pharmacist or doctor.