What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Took 4 pills and 4 pills after 12 hours but i vomitted the the 2nd dose and freaked out so i took again the 2 days after 4 pill and 4 pills after 12 hours. Should i be concerned?

This is a very disorganized way to take pills - we can't say if they will work - call your pharmacist or doctor.

Anonymous

Me and my girlfriend had protected sex like 9 days ago and yesterday she noticed some dark/brown blood in her panties. It stopped that night (last night). She also took a birth control test today and it came back negative but I don't know if it was too early to show a valid result. What my concern is if this is implantation blood or not. She takes birth control but hadn't took it for a little while and decided to take 3 pills after we had sex. Could that bleeding be because of taking three pills? I also blew into the condom to make sure it didnt bust and it held air. If someone could give me some good insight it would relive me of much stress, thanks.

I don't know the full answer, but NEVER blow air into a condom. You are supposed to hold the tip that points out at the top for this exact reason. Air in a condom is how they break. When you ejaculate, and there is nowhere for it go, breakage can occur. So, always hold the tip of the condom as you begin to roll it down the penis. This will keep the air out.

It was after the fact that I had already ejaculated

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The dark brown blood could have been triggered by the erratic way your girlfriend took her birth control pills.

The pills contain synthetic hormones, estrogen and progesterone,. These two hormones naturally play a key role in the menstrual cycle.

Taking a daily pill, at the same time each day, keeps hormone levels constant and thus prevent ovulation.

Since you used a condom, I do not think this was implantation bleeding.

If she does not have withdrawal bleeding during the week of inactive pills, she should then test for pregnancy and contact her gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex then four days later I tried to make up my days with four birth control pills . 4 days later I experienced bad cramps, a big blood clots , followed by brown discharge , followed by dull red bluff with a light flow.. is this implantation bleeding , breakthrough bleeding , or a light period ? It stop after a day and it started 9 days before my expected period

HI Anon

There is no way to know what"kind" of bleeding this is - blood is blood.

But it sounds like this bleeding was a result of taking four birth control pills all at once. It's not implantation bleeding which most women don't get and is only a few drops over a few days. So I think it should be considered a period.

As to when your next period is due - honestly, that is anyone's guess but it should be within the next four weeks. Pregnancy is very unlikely to be a concern.

Anonymous

Hi I missed 2 days of my pill, Lucette, I woke up on the third day with dark spotting and realised so I took 3 pills to catch up the 2 missed days and account for that morning. I've been bleeding lightly since. Should I be worried? Should I carry on as normal or stop for another break week?
Thank you

Carry on taking your pills as usual and you must use condoms as a back up for at least 7 days from now. You should then be fine. The bleeding is due to missing pills but you should be back on track in 7-10 days.