ask: What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

By KGregory46

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

I have been on the pill for many months now and have taken it every morning and never forgotten. The past week i have been totally stressed and somehow forgot to take the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday pill. On thursday i had unprotected sex three times and then remembered that i had not taken the pill! I am so worried! I am also getting some vaginal bleeding. I decided to just take the three pills i missed today and will take two tomorrow to catch up, how high is the chance of pregnancy? Im freaking out! Please help me!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your bleeding is likely withdrawal bleeding from missing three pills. You should have thrown out your old pack and started a fresh one, per the instructions on your pill pack.  

We don't know how high your chance of pregnancy is, that depends on how your body reacted to missing the pills. 

Keep taking your pills now since you took all of your pills at once.  Start your next pack as usual and you can test for pregnancy in about two weeks. 

Anonymous

I recently posted about my bleeding for seven weeks called the doc can't get in til december but i had some bad cramping and dizzy spells so went to the e.r and they told they couldnt help and they didnt know what it was idk if i can make it to december finacially i cant continue to bleed like this if anyone knows anything i can try to atleast lighten the bleeding until i can be seen id appreciate it

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am very surprised and shocked that you cannot get an appointment to see your physician until December, and were sent home from the ER without a diagnosis. Vaginal bleeding for seven weeks is abnormal. The cause must be determined with quick intervention to prevent anemia.

Does your physician know how long the bleeding has gone on, and that you have bad cramping? You are probably having dizzy spells because you have lost a fair amount of blood and have a low hemoglobin and hematocrit.

My only suggestion is to call your doctor's office again and plea for an earlier appointment, or go to an urgent care walk-in clinic.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi i have been bleeding for about seven weeks now and ive started taking my birth control again but isnt seeming to make it stop if anyone has any idea what this is or how to help it i appreciate any advice

As soon as you read this, call your gynecologist's office to report this.
Vaginal bleeding for seven weeks is a serious abnormality. You need to be evaluated by your doctor.

Regards,

Anonymous

I'm not on Birth Control pills anymore but I have company coming in town and started back on my Levora that I used to take before discontinuing. I'm trying to stop my period. If I take 2 a day from Wednesday until he leaves on Monday how soon will my period stop?

Anonymous

Hello ...I have a question ..I hadan abortion not because I wanted to be becuase my baby came out by its self I dont k ow what thats called .so I have been on birthcontrol pills for thies last three weeks after that happind but I always miss the time but I still take them anyways I had sex with him unprotected sex but im not sure if he finished inside because I did not see any of the stuff ..he said he came a little but Im not sure because it usualy comes out I drank three birthcontrol pills of a nother pavk is that bad ??? Idk I just dont want a baby with him after everything hes done to me please help ..is that bad its only been a week since I was with him and I really dont know what else to do .that why I took 3 birthvontrol pills of a nother pack

It sounds like you had a miscarriage, is that correct? Are you sure you were pregnant? 

You sound very young - do you understand how the body works and how birth control works? Taking three b.c. pills after unprotected sex is not going to stop a pregnancy.  You need to take you pill everyday and at the same time. Just set an alarm on your mobile and take it then. You have to be responsible for your own well-being, there are no excuses for not doing this. 

I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor about sex and about how it works so that you can take steps to protect and look after yourself. 

You can also start here:

http://www.empowher.com/condition/birth-control

Anonymous

Hi

I am just wondering can it be possible that i took pills, then my period is on time. a week before and after my period i did not had any sex yet still get pregnant? Is it possible to get pregnant when you period still arrived on the expected day had no sex and took pills?

Kind regards,

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: