ask: What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

I'm only 14 but I had unprotected sex for the first time yesterday, I didn't know it was going to happen and neither did he it just kinda did. so after it since quite a while ago I had been taking birthcontroll I took 2 birth control pills so i don't get pregnant will this work? I don't want to go to the doctors to get other pills is there anywhere else I could go to get a different form of pill for people my age? I took microgynon 30 and I'm going to take another 2 today just incase but will this work? thanks.

You will only hurt your system, i suggest you observe yourself for the next few weeks and may i remind you that you shouldnt miss your period.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You need to call a pharmacist and ask what to do.

I'm trying to catch up on my pills cuz I was not physically able to take my pills for three days. Should I stop and start a new pack or just keep taking one a day??

It really just depends on the type of the birth control pill, I take orthotrycyclin lo and for that if you miss one day then you take two the next but if you miss three then you have to talk to your doctor to see what he/she wants you to do

Definitely don't take 3 in one day you will get extremely sick. I did this once not knowing that you shouldn't and I was severely sick... Throwing up and having diherrea every 10min for 4 hours!!
Two is the limit in one day :)

If you miss three days you need to throw out the old pack and start a new one. Consult your pharmacist to confirm this.

I havent been taking my bc pills and my period has came on and I leave to ghost o on vacation in the morning. Can I take the pills so it can stop?q

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please consult your gynecologist before resuming the active birth control pills. I can appreciate that you are going on vacation and do not want to have your period at this time. However, I am concerned you may be doing more harm to your body. My suggestion is to wait until the bleeding finishes and start a new pack.

I'm in week 3 of taking the pills, it's Sunday, and I forgot to take Thurs, Fri, and Sat, and I just took 3 pills for this 3 days (yes stupid I know, but I had not gotten my period, freaked out and took a pregnancy test and negative so took the 3 pills). Now that I've done that, do I take today's pill and then tomorrow's tomorrow, or should I just stop? I have not gotten my period, not gotten sick or anything. Please help!

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: