ask: What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Hi can help me?I have question regarding about taking pills? Yesterday I take 3 pills in the morning and 2 pills in the afternoon in oneday Wednesday I forgot again and I take this evening but then for the Thursday I didn't take it because my cervical is very pain ..just worry?? Might be costs of permanent? Please reply me asap Bbme here

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I've no idea why you are taking birth control like this? You need to take one pill per day. 

You won't come to any permanent harm by doing this but you need to stop. 

Anonymous

My Boyfriend and I had an unprotective sex and i took 4 birth control pills at once to prevent pregnancy but i wasnt able to take another 4 pills after 12 hours of taking the 1st set (we search online that after sex, i need to take 4pilks at once then tale another 4 after 12 hours to completely prevent pregnancy). Will the 4 pills work? I havent taken another pill since then and its been 1week since we had sex :( please advise

We don't know if these pills will work. you are better off taking emergency contraceptives instead.  Why are you not taking the pill everyday if you have them?

Anonymous

Hi, I missed two pills and took three by accident all at once. I've started bleeding but I don't know whether I should continue taking my pills or stop until the bleeding stops or start a new pack straightaway. Please help! Thank you

Stop taking them!

Tyn caldea (reply to Anonymous)

Hi, How can I be pregnant if I stop taking pills?
If I take pills in 1 week then I stop?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Tyn caldea)

Hello Tyn,

Who told you that you were pregnant? Did you take a pregnancy test and get a positive result?

You become pregnant if you stop taking the active pills in the first three weeks and have unprotected intercourse, such as your partner doesn't use a condom.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Please report this to your gynecologist and follow his or her recommendations.

I suggest you stop taking any more pills until the bleeding stops. Discard the remaining pills in the used pack. Start a new pack.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Hi there. What if you just continue and finish the pack of pill. Will I get pregnant? I accidentally took 3 pills on just one day. (Sunday and Monday pill, I took Monday morning and Tuesday pill on Tuesday night) I took it advance. Then skip on Tuesday as I already took it. Then continue taking pills on Wednesday. I am worried that I may get pregnant. Thanks

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: