What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

By KGregory46 July 2, 2010 - 12:45pm

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Hello, I started my period 2 days ago (first day or 2 is light spotting, 3 days of real period, and 2-3 days of light spotting then finished) I need my period done by Wednesday bc I'll be seeing my bf for a week. The first day of my period, I started ocella and it made my period stop. Should I keep taking the pill? Will it keep me from having my period during the week I'll be w my bf? If not, are there other ways to prevent my period before I go see him?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your period will probably will over (or very light) by Wed since you started the Pill. Keep taking it to avoid bleeding. There is no other way to stop bleeding, other than letting nature take it's course.

Anonymous

I take my pills t 12:30 am because i get out of work at midnight. On Tuesday at 12:30am i forgot to take the pill and on wednesday at 12:30 am forgot to take that one too. I took both pills at around 2:30 pm but i need to take the pill again at 12:30 am. Will I be fine?

Since you made up your pills about 12 hours later you should be ok.

But use a condom as a backup for 7 days if you are concerned.

Anonymous

Ive been taking my pill regularly for many months now without skipping it. Although, I have maybe made it start earlier on the odd occasion but this month I was planning on skipping it because I'm going on holiday with my boyfriend. I am on my last day of active pills and was planning on starting the new pack of active pills tomorrow to skip it but I've started bleeding. I leave in 4 days, should I continue to take the active pills and try things like taking ibuprofen and drinking vinegar and hope it goes away or just stop taking the active pills, let my body get my period and hope it doesn't last too long? Any help would be much appreciated! (Im on estelle 35)

Ibuprofen isn't going to make your period stop although it might help with cramps or PMS.
Since it's impossible to know how your period is going to be, either way, it's kind of a crap shoot so what to do is anyone's guess. Nobody can predict someone's cycle.

Anonymous

I also have a question, i have take 3 pills, 1 pill a day. It is any possible that the sperm cell is dead. Thank you for the answers.

Doing this will not prevent pregnancy unless you were using emergency contraception.

Anonymous

I'm only 14 but I had unprotected sex for the first time yesterday, I didn't know it was going to happen and neither did he it just kinda did. so after it since quite a while ago I had been taking birthcontroll I took 2 birth control pills so i don't get pregnant will this work? I don't want to go to the doctors to get other pills is there anywhere else I could go to get a different form of pill for people my age? I took microgynon 30 and I'm going to take another 2 today just incase but will this work? thanks.

You're stupid. Why are you even having sex at that age? I was a virgin until I was 20. Met the live of my life and still with him today. You're stupid uf you have sex under 18.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: