Q: 

What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Im going on vacation May 3rd and im suspose to start my period may 4th, I've heard u can take birth control to stop it. How many days in advance should i take it before i leave? Also ive read that taking 2 pills is ok? I have heavy periods and bad cramps and im not trying to be in vegas in pain. Thx Sherry

Anonymous

Hi,
I missed one day of my birth control pills, so today I only took one. I am reluctant to take two as I did about a year ago and had horrible symptoms of vomiting. I've left Saturday in the pack as I really don't want to take two in one day.
Is this ok?

Hello Anon

If you chose not to make up the miss pills, then use a condom for the following 7 days and you should be ok.

Anonymous

Hi, I keep my pills next to my bed and I looked and saw that I am two days ahead, meaning I must have taken three in one day. I have accidentally taken two before and I think I may have taken the third in my sleep because I sleep walk and sleep talk and have previously done things like stand up and brush my teeth in my sleep-things that are my routine. I had sex (with a condom) on Friday, which was the night I accidentally took three. After this, I continued to take my birth control Saturday and tonight, just continuing the pack. I've done research and seen people have felt sick after accidentally doing that. I haven't really felt nauseas, but I have a low dose. Is there any way I could be pregnant? I was unsure if the extra I took maybe did the opposite effect which I know is counterintuitive (and we used a condom anyway) but I am just overthinking and nervous! The birth control is now moved so I can't reach it by accident in my sleep. It is minastrin.

Hello Anon

There is probably no risk since you used a condom- You will need to use a condom for the next 7 days also.

Hello
I took my pill one hour sooner than every day and after 1 hour I took another one . I don't know what will be happening to me ?
Please let me know the what's the effect on my body

Hello Anon

Why did you take two pills within one hour of each other? Did you miss one and made it up?

In any case, there will be no side effects.

Anonymous

Hi, I just started taking birth control 6 days ago for the first time in months. After 5 days I had unprotected sex being dumb and he finished inside me. My doctor said use protection for 7days when starting. How high is the risk of me getting pregnant? I took two pills on day 6 because I was nervous. Should I get a plan B just in case, I had sex a little over 24h ago. Would plan B be okay to take while taking birth control?

Anonymous

Hi, I took 3 pills last night because I forgot to bring my pill pack with me on an overnighter. I use Cyclafem. I don't know, but I have been feeling nauseous today, but it could be some greasy food I ate.

Anonymous

Hi! I forgot to take my pill for two days and took 3 on the next day i remembered. I'm not feeling anything weird after taking 3 tablets but im worried of getting pregnant coz me and my bf had uprotected sex on those 2days that i forgot to take my pill...?