What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

By KGregory46 July 2, 2010 - 12:45pm

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Hi I took 5 birth control pills (loestrin 20) I know this is not right but I forgot to take one pill and didn't want my period to start. just worried will I get any vaginal bleeding from this at the moment nothing seems to have happened?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I really don't want to misguide you, so please contact your gynecologist, who has the knowledge to advise you.

Regards,

Anonymous

I missed two days of a new pack because I was unable to pick them up. So I made up the two I missed and then took today's pill as well. Will that hurt me at all and should I look out for any signs of anything? And should I wait to have sex and if I should wait how long?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You may have a little bit of spotting but use a condom for the next 7 days and you'll be fine.

Anonymous

I took 5 of the sugar pills at once because I had missed the days taking the sugar pills, and I took 5 of them to make up for the days I forgot, is that bad?

You didn't have to make up the sugar pills - they are inactive but taking 5 at once is not going to do any harm. In future just skip what you missed and take your first active pill on time.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Hello i took 3 birth control pills in a week and i am scared that it will create a problem in a body?
Will it?
And what all can happen?

To answer your question, I need to ask you a few questions.

Why did you take three birth control pills in a week?
Are you on birth control pills? Did you only take three and miss the remaining four pills?

Missing active birth control pills can trigger your ovaries to ovulate or release an egg. The daily dose of hormones keeps levels consistent to prevent ovulation. Without ovulation, pregnancy cannot happen.

You could have withdrawal bleeding by missing active pills.

Regards,

Anonymous

All I wanted to know was if I could be pregnant? I already know i'm not supposed to take that many in a day.. If you somt wan answer my question then don't, but don't be rude. Your supposed to be here to answer questions, not question me.