ask: What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

By KGregory46

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Hello. My name is selly. I wanted to ask about how i didnt take 3 pills because i forgot it at my house.. Its also a birth control pill. Im so anxious because when i did not take 3 pills acciently .. My boyfriend and i had sex on saturday of last weekend. He finished inside. I took 3 pills the day after because, i thought it would still be effective. I need help please..:(

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hi selly

You did not use your birth control properly. If you miss three days in a row, you need to throw out your pack and start a fresh one - and use a backup method like a condom for 7 days. It's too late now to take emergency contraception so call your doctor or pharmacist for advice. You can test for pregnancy about 14 days after sex. 

Anonymous

I'm on yaz and I have been so busy with school lately that I have been missing pills. My pack starts on Saturday. the week before my four white pills I missed 3 of the pink pills. So the third week on Thursday I missed that pill as we'll as fridays and Saturdays and on Sunday I realized it so when I took Sundays pill I also took the other 3 that I missed. Then that Monday started my white pills and somehow I missed it as we'll and on Tuesday I took Tuesdays and Mondays pill. I have definitely screwed up this months pack but I did take Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the white pills correctly and now that pack is done. I spotted a little back when I missed those 3 pills but I have not gotten my period. Could it be since I did not take them correctly or could I be pregnant? I did have sex that Friday of one of the pills I missed but a condom was used. Is there still any chance of me being pregnant with me using backup?

Your cycle this month has been messed up completely (a baby will keep you a lot busier that school!) so there is some risk of pregnancy but if you only had sex one time and used a condom (good for you for doing that!) then you should be fine. You need to start a new pill pack this coming Saturday if you are a Sat. start and use condoms for the next couple of weeks. 

Anonymous

Hi so is 5am Friday morning and I just remembered i didn't take my pill for Thursday so I went to go take it but I come to find out i didn't take Wednesday as well so I took 2. My usual scheduled time is 11pm right before bed, do you think I should take my pill Friday pill as scheduled or wait until Saturday and take 2?
P.S this is not for birth control, I have PCOS and the pills are for other reasons, I'm not worried about pregnancy as I am not sexually active.

Take your two missed pills now and take tonight's pill at 11pm as usual. 

Thank you so much you're a life saver

Anonymous

Hi I been on the pill for I wanna say I received them on 7/7/14 which was on a Monday I took Tha Monday pill and every day and then I missed a few days and took all of them except the 3rd week I missed Sunday,Monday, Friday,and Saturday. Could I be pregnant I've had unprotected sex more than one time. But before I stated the pill I was on Depo Provera but my last shot was in January. Can you help me?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Each injection of Depo-Provera provides protection against pregnancy for up to 14 weeks. It would not have protected you beyond May.

If you miss one or more pills, you increase your chances of releasing an egg (ovulation) that could be fertilized and lead to a pregnancy. The highest risk of ovulation occurs when the hormone-free interval (the time when inactive pills are taken or there is a break between active pills) is prolonged for than seven days.

You may want to report this to your gynecologist. Your doctor may suggest you have a blood pregnancy test before resuming your birth control pills. You would not want to be taking oral contraceptives if you are already pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, I took 4 pills at one time I'm scared because im only 17 and me and my boyfriend has unprotected sex but he didn't cum in me am I okay? But after sex I realized I missed 3 pills and took the 4..

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: