ask: What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

By KGregory46

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

I'm not on Birth Control pills anymore but I have company coming in town and started back on my Levora that I used to take before discontinuing. I'm trying to stop my period. If I take 2 a day from Wednesday until he leaves on Monday how soon will my period stop?

Anonymous

Hello ...I have a question ..I hadan abortion not because I wanted to be becuase my baby came out by its self I dont k ow what thats called .so I have been on birthcontrol pills for thies last three weeks after that happind but I always miss the time but I still take them anyways I had sex with him unprotected sex but im not sure if he finished inside because I did not see any of the stuff ..he said he came a little but Im not sure because it usualy comes out I drank three birthcontrol pills of a nother pavk is that bad ??? Idk I just dont want a baby with him after everything hes done to me please help ..is that bad its only been a week since I was with him and I really dont know what else to do .that why I took 3 birthvontrol pills of a nother pack

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It sounds like you had a miscarriage, is that correct? Are you sure you were pregnant? 

You sound very young - do you understand how the body works and how birth control works? Taking three b.c. pills after unprotected sex is not going to stop a pregnancy.  You need to take you pill everyday and at the same time. Just set an alarm on your mobile and take it then. You have to be responsible for your own well-being, there are no excuses for not doing this. 

I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor about sex and about how it works so that you can take steps to protect and look after yourself. 

You can also start here:

http://www.empowher.com/condition/birth-control

Anonymous

Hi

I am just wondering can it be possible that i took pills, then my period is on time. a week before and after my period i did not had any sex yet still get pregnant? Is it possible to get pregnant when you period still arrived on the expected day had no sex and took pills?

Kind regards,

When a woman take her Pill exactly as prescribed, pregnancy is very unusual. You may have been on medication that interfered with the effectiveness of your pill or forgot to take one? If the pills have been taken correctly all month, a woman is fully protected on her 7 days without the pill. 

If you are on the Pill and got pregnant, something must have happened to upset the hormonal balance/routine your body has when on the Pill. 

Hi

Actually i took emergency pills. Doc prescribed me 2tablets 3x a day for 1 day the rest remaining pills i took it 1tablet 3x a day for 5days. I took the pills the doc prescribed me. my period arrived on expected day. Took pt 4days before my said expected day of period and i came negative I have not had pt again yet. I am just wondering if i could get pregnant or not. I had no contact as well 10days before my period and after.

We can't give a definitive answer to anyone but you are at very, very low risk for pregnancy.

Anonymous

Last aug 23, i had sex with my boyfriend. The condom brokebut my boyfriend didnt come yet we stop when we knew that it got broken. After 2 hours we went to the doctor to ask what to do because i dont want to get pregnant. The doc said im safe and unfertile that day so no worry but still im worried and i ask for an emergency pill and she perscribed me trust pill 2tablets 3x a day in the first day then 1tablet 3x a dayfor 5 days. My last months period was aug. 2. Im expecting my period around aug 30- sept 4. And it has not arrived yet. Is there a possibility of getting pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you for your question.

For the benefit of our readers, the Trust pill is an oral contraceptive available in the Philippines. It contains two synthetic hormones, ethinyl estradiol 30 mcg, levonorgestrel 125 mcg.

It may work as an emergency contraceptive in the dosage that your physician prescribed. Emergency contraceptive can cause changes in the menstrual cycle. Some women will start their periods earlier or later than normal. Menstrual flow can be lighter or heavier than normal.

Anonymous, I do not think you are pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

H!,my wife and i have unprotected sex last sept 24,on that day,she take emergency pills,'trust pills'1hour after intercourse take 4 tablet,after 12hour she take another 4 tablet,and continue to take the pill,.
It's possible that she got pregnant??her last period was sept 10 2014,next xpected period ist oct 10,until now she's not bledding,.its 1day late.
Tanx..i really need ur advise...

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: