ask: What happens if you take 3 of your birth control pills at once?

By KGregory46

I was wondering what happens if you forgot to take 2 of your birth control pills and you decide to take three of them in one dose without calling your doctor first? The birth control pill that I am currently taking is Yasmin.

Anonymous

Hello, I missed my pill on a monday and didn't realise it until friday only. I was able to take tuesday, wednesday and thursday pills and when i was about to take my friday pill, i saw the monday pill still sitting there. What are the chances of me getting pregnant? This was on the 3rd week by the way and I am using Diane 35. I took the monday pill together with the friday pill when i realised i missed it. HELP!

Anonymous

I was upset with my husband, and so I took all the 21 Birth control pills at once. What will happen to me now??

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Nothing will happen that is serious, but you may face bleeding and a lot of nausea. 

Don't hurt yourself when you are angry with someone, that will accomplish nothing. See some counseling instead or talk with your husband to work out your problems. 

Anonymous

Hi!I have been on the pill for 5 months. I am currently using Diane-35. I would just want to ask a question. I missed two pills in a row (Dec 24 and 25) . I remembered the third day (Dec 26) so I took 3 pills simultaneously the same day and 1 pill the day after (Dec 27). My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on Dec 27. My OBGYN said that I will still be protected but I am still worried. Can I get pregnant because of the missed pills?

Your doctor is right, making up the two pills and taking the third that day too (the day you should be taken it) protects you from pregnancy. You can get away with two missed pills in a row as long as you make them up properly - and you did. It's missing three in a row that can cause problems.

You are protected.

hi there susan,
in my last cycle of my bc pills i missed 3 days in a row, i took them simultaneously the 3 pills then took the pill that continued the day after, then i suddenly get my period and in my pack i still got three pills left so i stopped taking them because i said to my self if i got my period thats the number one priority to get it! but my period normally last's about three days 4 tops but this time it lasted 8 days but i guessed it was because of the three pills i had taken together. the thing is that you are suppose to start the next pack of bc a week from when you ended it but since my period last 8 days i didn't take it when i should've started it. the thing is that i accept im a very bad drinker of medicine and pills my cellphone is the one that reminds of taking my pills i was in a cruise just now for new years and my cellphone wasn't working it was off in my head counting three pills that i left missing in my last pack of bc and the week that is suppose to be in the middle of the next pack i was supposed to started on thursday jan,2,2014 but my cell off i forgot the next day remembered and took my first pill on friday but that night we had intercourse, the next day saturday my cell off i forget again and we had intercourse, again sunday the same thing happens i forget and we did it too and monday too but that day we didn't have intercourse i took my pill yesterday jan 7, 2014 i took the pill and is were i realized the missing pills. im worried i might be pregnant with the last cycle issue and now this issue whats youre opinion ?

Missing three days in a row can cause ovulation. So therefore your risk of pregnancy is higher but still not quite as if you were not on a monthly cycle of taking them.

The bleeding you had is called withdrawal bleeding - this is what happens when you miss three or more pills, even if you made them up after. For your cruise, I would think you were having unsafe sex. Alarm clocks should still work on a cell phone regardless of where you are but having missed so many pills at this stage, you need to throw out your old back and start fresh.

You can test for pregnancy in about 14 days, your risk is still probably fairly low but at the same time, the risk is there. Taking your pill every day is really important. Do it first thing in the morning or at lunch time or at some time where you will remember.

Maricel0909

I take 3 pills in the same day what will happen and what will I do?

Anonymous

Hi susan... im on birth control pills but on Thursday and Friday i had unprotected sex and forgot to take them until Saturday. I took all three and ive been bleeding since friday night and feeling terrible .. will i have side affects? Could i be pregnant? When my period comes will it be heavy? Please answer back fast please and thank you

Anonymous

I have been on the generic for seasonique for almost two years now and have been pretty good about taking my pills on time. Early this month however I missed 4 days and thought I could even myself out by taking two pills a day. A week or two later now I have been spotting and it seems to be getting very heavy even though I have been taking the pills. Should I just throw them out (it's my last month of the pack anyways) or continue to take the pills?

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: