what is this? My doctors is rubbish as i cant book in!

By September 11, 2012 - 3:46am

My periods used to come every 18th of every month but the last 2 months they have been late 1st time it was a week late second time it was 4daays late. When i come on im heavy for about 2 hours then go light for a couple days then spotting. When normally id come on really heavy for a few days then get lighter to nothing after the third day. Since the first late one i have been getting headaches on and off everyday. Feeling sick, but i havent thrown up yet. Light cramping in my pelvic area. Tiredness. Emotional, i cry over nothing when i dont normally cry at all. I go from happy to crying to hyper to angry in a matter of minutes. Im 18 and have a boyfriend who i have unprotected sex with almost every other day. I am on birth control pill to but due to late periods ive had to delay them untill ive finished my period. Please can someone give me a rough answer to this as i cant book in with my doctor as they always busy! Help please!

With my pill im ment to take it for 3 weeks then have a week break to come which is what i have been doing. But if i dont come within that break i cant take my pill untill i have had my period and finished it.

Hi hevvatrevva

It sounds like something happened to your cycle a couple of months ago and you are trying to play catch up by adjusting your birth control meds which is a really bad idea and can lead to pregnancy.

Start taking them exactly as required and book in to see a new doctor or go to a free clinic as soon as you can. If your current doctor cannot see you for weeks, they are not the right doctor for you and he/she clearly has too many patients or bad management skills.

You may be suffering from rather severe PMS but being on the Pill should help with that. Your different kind of bleeding and different dates are likely a result of changing your medication.

Good luck to you,