What should I do to prepare for pregnancy?

My husband and I are going to start trying to get pregnant. What can I do to prepare my body for this? Is there anything I can do 3-6 months before trying to get pregnant to help my body be the healthiest it can be so my baby will develop as best it can?

There are many things you can do to jump start your healthy pregnancy. 

Some are the obvious:

Do not smoke or take drugs

Limit alcohol - don't binge drink. 

Lose weight if you are over-weight. Your baby will be healthier and you will lower your risk of gestational diabetes and other pregnancy complications. 

Take daily exercise and eat well - using a prenatal supplement is a good idea so you have folic acid in your system (important in pregnancy) and other nutrients. 

Talk to your doctor about the medications you are currently on to make sure they won't adversely affect a pregnancy. 

De-stress as much a possible - stress is a factor in infertility. 

For your husband - the healthier he is, the better too, so have him join your healthy regime! 

Read all about pregnancy in our Pregnancy Center here: 

Good luck with trying, Anon,  and will you let us know when you have some good news for us?!