Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

ask: what would be causes of a sharp needle like pain in nipple then teder to touch nipples?

By jess5683

Today I was driving and had a sudden pain in my nipple. It felt like a needle stabbing my nipple. Then I touched both nipples and they were very sore. Kinda like if you touch a bruise.

Anonymous

i have had 3 times when i've had a sharp needle like pain in my breast i didn't think anything about it.it stopped as fast as it started. i'm 57 and post menopausal. had my 2 kids by c-section wnen i was 29 and32. have had a hysterectomy 17 years ago. just had a mommo and now they want another one and a ultrasound. was told i'd get a definite answer the same day. would like to hear if anyone has experienced this

You sound identical to myself. This just started a week ago. It hurts so badly that I have to hold my breast until the pain stops. May I ask what you found out from the ultrsound. Im 48. Hyterectomy 8 yrs ago. I take hormonal replacement. But if I brush my breast againist anything, even the sheets, it will cause the pain to return.

Melissa6666 (reply to Anonymous)

Hi, Their could be few reasons. One main thing could be is their might be something there. Maybe you have a cyst because when a cyst rubs against you it can be painful. It might be something that should be taken out. See your doctor about this sooner. The other reason could be is it might be a hormonal issue. Try taking over counter Motrin (ibuprofen) which helps with the pain. If you feel something is in your breast then out of what I said here is it could be a cyst thats bothering you like this. See a doctor sooner because it might infected. Let me know how it goes, keep us posted.

Good Luck,
Melissa

Melissa6666 (reply to Anonymous)

Hi, I have experienced sharp pain my breasts and under my arms to. I'm only 28 years old and I was constantly feeling sharp pain under my arms and such pain was spreading to my breasts. Sharp pain under my arms I was told to see a dermatologist. He diagnosed me with a condition called hidradenitis. If you have any pain under arms it's a good idea to see a dermatologist.

Melissa

Melissa6666

Hi Jess5683, Since you mentioned tender nipples and experience sharp pain mostly would be because of hormonal issue. If you experience this a lot see a doctor for it to be sure.

I experienced lots of sharp pain awhile ago and I have very tender breasts and my doctor told me it's all hormonal. He gave me prescription Motrin (ibuprofen) and I felt much better.

Talk to your doctor about it and see how it goes.

Have the symptoms persisted or was this a sudden and one time experience?
Are you premenstrual? Are you experiencing perimenopause?
A change in your reproductive hormones may be responsible for the nipple pain and breast tenderness.

If these symptoms persist or occur again, along with any other changes such as a discharge or palpable mass, consult your physician.

jess5683 (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

well i am only 18 and this was the first time that this has happened! usually i dont get sore or tender breast before my period. and i usually get my period at the end of the month but not in october. but i have implanon birth control so my periods arent normal.