What's 'normal' sexual satisfaction?

By May 28, 2008 - 9:59am

My husband and I have a great sex life, but my girlfriends say they rarely orgasm and wonder if something is wrong with them. What’s a normal amount of sexual satisfaction? Is there something physiologically 'wrong' with a woman who doesn't orgasm?

I think 'normal' is whatever feels right for both of you. Some couples are happy having sex a couple of times per month. Some every other day or some twice a day!

As long as you are both satisfied, fulfilled, and happy, then it's 'normal'.

As for as the 'rarely orgasm' issue - that may be because the women are stressed, maybe a little repressed or their partner is not really doing his job properly (sorry guys!). I would not find that kind of sex life satisfying but that's just me.

Maybe they need to get in touch with their own bodies first or gently and sweetly (no nagging!) guide their partner along and let him know what they like/dislike.

For a reference, here is an oldie but goodie that has been updated:
The Joy of Sex (http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Sex-Revised-Completely-Updated/dp/1400046149)

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Amazing Sex, Third Edition

You might want to pass these titles along or give them as a gift!

Good for you that you and your husband have a great sex life. You may be surprised to learn that your girlfriends may be the norm. Check out these videos from some of the top sexual health experts in the country to learn more.

WATCH THIS: Dr. Goldstein How Many Satisfying Sexual Experiences Do Women Have Each Month?

WATCH THIS: Sue Goldstein: My Philosophy For Better Sexual Health

WATCH THIS: Dr. Goldstein Where is The Field of Sexual Medicine Headed?