Infections of the Digestive Tract

Infections of the Digestive Tract Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Where does the H. Pylori (sp?) bacteria come from and how do I keep from getting it back? it back after I finish the antibiotics?

Anonymous

galangal will kill the bacteria (dr aggarwal, phd, 2011)

Anonymous

I am very ocd about washing my hands- my home is clean, my kids take baths often as do I and my partner too. My whole family tested negative but I still have the bug, four treatments and still have the darn bug. I am wondering if it is something I am eating, I cook a lot from scratch and bake homemade goods. I did find out my mother had it in the past, considering she had ulcers real bad and blood thinners and h pylori are the number one causes of ulcers. She was never on bloodthinners in her life.
I am wondering why the heck is this bug returning so many times, (yes it has been eradicated before after the breath test results showed it)
I had horrible symptoms, thought I was dying. My magnesium was low, my immune system was attacking my nervous system I had MS looking symptoms and Parkinson's looking symptoms. Along with all the usual side effects of the bug, nausea, bathroom problems, fatigue, anxiety, tingling/numbess. bad heart burns to the point it felt like a heart attack. The low magnesium and the anxiety caused the high heart rate and palpitations. All those symptoms I did find out are h pylori related. Especially if left untreated too long or becomes antibiotic resistant. Now I just need to get rid of it! Cannot do anymore antibiotics, that destroys your body and stomach too. I eat greek yogurt everyday hoping it helps. I am out of options I see the GI again tomorrow to discuss other options and find out why it keeps returning. Someone mentioned having candida overgrowth can contribute to that.

Welcome to EmpowHer. I will try to answer your questions.

H. pylori infection occurs when a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori infects your stomach or the first part of your small intestine. The bacteria is spread person to person through direct contact with saliva or fecal matter. H. pylori can also be spread through untreated water.

Your doctor may recommend that you undergo testing for H. pylori several weeks after your treatment. A follow-up breath or stool test may confirm that the H. pylori bacterium is no longer present in your body and treatment was successful.

Or follow-up testing may show that treatment was unsuccessful. In that case, you may undergo treatment again, receiving a different combination of antibiotic medications.

Good hygiene and a clean, germ-free environment may help reduce your risk of getting the infection again.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Wow, that's scary. I don't think anyone washes their hands as often as I do. I am a hairdresser, I wash after finishing every customer. Hands look awful because of it. Very dry. We go on a cruise every year and are so careful because we worry about the Noro virus. Guess I'm going to have to be even more careful. Thank you for the feedback.

Yes hand washing is important but not always passed there, studies are showing new findings of h pylori causes. Such as raw meats (containminated foods) unwashed fruits, raw eggs from baking or anything you may "lick the spoon after" that has raw eggs in it. Candida overgrowth, Breast milk, kissing, spoons/forks, it's just a high range of places and things it comes from unfortunately. I caught mine through my mother's breastmilk as a baby and had these symptoms most my life.

kapeleaper

i was diegnosesed with H pylori in 2008 and the said that you can get it from contaminated water of being in a third world country or near some one who was. they never figured out how i got it and it took 3 rounds of treatment to get rid of it. but i still have stomach issues. im sorry that you have that cuz i know how painful it is and i developed food allergys around the same time that they think may be linked.

Charisse4 (reply to kapeleaper)

Very sorry you have had to go thru this. I know it's not fun. I hope I am able to get rid of it ASAP. Thanks for your feedback.