Why am I continueing to have chest pain and discomfort, and is it normal.

In early 2014 I had a heart attack, heart cath. and a stint was placed in my heart. Nine days later I had a second heart attack and a second stint was placed. There was a third heart cath. performed a month later as I was in the ER again believing I was having a third heart attack, the stints wear in place and everything looked good. Since then I am having pain almost on a daily basis, my Doctor is baffled he is unable to relieve my symptoms with medications, I just had a stress test, 3 minutes in I was experiencing left arm pain, shortness of breath, and chest pain into my back, yet my EKG showed nothing? Is this normal? Could this be something other than the heart? Could this all be in my head?

So I went to see the Doctor yesterday, blood pressure was 169/90 never been high before??? I feel like crap, and have for a week left shoulder and arm hurt all the time sometimes into my chest, the nitro does relieve it, but the head aches????? Any way going to double blood pressure medication, and I am scheduled for yet another heart cath. on Monday. Its like a rollercoaster ride that you just can't get off........ It is very frustrating... I am hoping for the best and answers, I trust my Doctor and I understand women heart disease is difficult to manage, I think some diagnostic procedures that are proven to work for men, are at least questionable for women. I have researched CAD and I understand as much as a non medical person can ( I think) I am going to start researching Micro vascular heart disease, no one has diagnosed me with this, but it has been mentioned several times, and it may be worth looking into......

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

I doubt this is all in your head unless you tend towards hypochondria and it doesn't sound like you do. 

Since you have a history of heart attacks, it's easy to assume this is all connected but if your doctors are seeing nothing and your tests are coming up well, it's all a bit confusing. 

Chest pain can also be caused by stress, anxiety, heartburn or acid reflux (so bad that it can feel like a heart attack) or can also be caused by poor lung function.  Gall bladders, hernias and pancreatitis can also cause chest pain. 

However, these don't explain the pain down your arm which often indicates an issue with the heart. 

If you doctors say the tests show nothing, what advice are they giving you? 

We hope to hear back from you soon-

I will see the Doctor on the 2nd. and see what he says. I just have this overwhelming feeling they are missing something. My father died at 51 years old, 6 years after he had a by-pass, no warning, I don't want to do that to my family, it was devastating, I was 17 and my brother was 14.

HERWriter Guide (reply to lavern)

Hi lavern

I'm sorry to hear that. 

By all means talk in-depth to your doctor; between your history and your Dad's history, your symptoms simply cannot be ignored. 

Will you let us know how it goes on the 2nd?

Heart Conditions