Why am I having these overwhelming feelings around day 9 or 10 after my first day of my period and 7 to 10 days before I start again ?

By Anonymous April 10, 2009 - 1:37pm

I have these EXTREMELY strong overwhelming feelings. I feel like I am going pass out during some of them. After I have one it takes a little while to remember what is going on around me. They always make me have to go to the bathroom. Then they will subside and I am fine for a while and then it happens again. They usually will last 24 to 36 hours. I have logged them on a calendar and they occur around day 9 or 10 after the first day of my last period. And then they happen again around 7 to 10 days before I start my period again. I do not have them at all during the rest of the month. I have been to 2 different doctors and they have no idea. PLEASE, PLEASE.......I am in need of your help!

I have very similar issues. I never thought of the time frame but it appears to happen around my period all the time. Mine tends to be deja vue. I have overwhelming deja vue and at the time, I am so engulfed in the moment but as soon as I come back to reality I cannot remember what I was thinking of. The second thing that happens is that I feel an overwhelming rush of being nauseous, the flush face and everything. I could never explain the sensation and could never pinpoint what was happening.

I just recently had this happen two days ago and yesterday, I started my period. I am not sure if your sensations are the same but now that it appears that it only happens around starting my period, I am going to pay more attention to the sensations and try to obtain an answer.

Writing it all down is a great idea. I will look more into this and try to get an answer. Maybe it has something to do with stress or the female hormone. Great question.

Thank you so much for your question.

It's very smart of you to track the times and dates of these incidences. Doing so can at least allow you to be able to form a pattern.

Why do you think that these incidences have anything to do with your monthly cycle? Do you think that this is a issue with your hormones? It certainly could be but I wonder why you associate it with your period?

Can you give us a little more information on what you mean by "over-whelming feelings"? When you say they always make you go to the bathroom - in what sense? Do they make you need to pee? Or do you have to have a bowel movement? Are they normal movements?

It sounds like this may also be some kind of panic attack but please fill us in on exactly what you mean by having an "over-whelming feeling" and we can help you more!

What are you usually doing when these occur?
Have you just had something to eat or drink?
Are you under any kind of stress?
Are you currently taking medications?
Is this "feeling" more physical or emotional/psychological in nature?
How old are you?

We look forward to an update!