Why am I so obsessed with love?

As you will know from previous questions I'm 16, and to be honest from an outside view it seems like love is an odd thing to be 'obsessed' with.

For, at least, the past year I have craved nothing more than to have a boyfriend. Someone to hold hands with and kiss and just to talk to. I have never been kissed in my entire life and my two best friends both have - hell, one's given a hand job! I don't know why I'm like this but the thought of it gets my heart racing and a stange sensation in my stomach. I dream nightly of future where I'm happily married, or engaged or introducing him to my parents or even doing something as simple as going into town. I admit I am a hopeless romantic so it's probably partically that but I just don't understand. I know more or less all girls dream about 'the one' but I seem to always do so unlike anyone else.

My friends think I am in love with the idea of being in love. Are they right or am I simply a bit 'doo-lally-tap'?

well im the only guy to comment i guess, but i feel the exact same way you do star. i think about finding true love so much its rediculous. and im tired of waiting for it to happen. do you feel the same way? i always listen to love songs and watch love movies. most of my friends would think im strange if i told them that lol. i doont think its weird but i think its actually a slightly rare thing to be enfatuated with love like we are. but i think its in a good way, i have also never had a girlfriend and im 16. and the reason behind that is because i want to find THE on you know . i dont want a girlfriend because shes prety. i guess you could say i dontt want the kind of love i can live with i want the kind of love i cant live without.~ Samuel wow just noticed this post was from 6 years ago... wonder if you found love

I'm the same way!! I'm 15 and I just got out of a relationship (my first one) and it was like some of the storys. But he got distant.. So we broke off. Ever since then I just got back to me, just dreaming that one day I'll have a perfect love. I read this book called "I Remember You," By Cathleen Davitt Bell. I RECOMENED IT!! I'm a hopeless romantic too, but that's ok :). Just don't let it get in the way of happiness ! Boy I can't wait. I'm day dreaming now!

Thank you for answering Susan!

And to answer your questions my parents are the most supportive you'll find, I have two best friends and then people I'm friendly with from lessons and stuff. So yes, life is ok.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me - you've really put my mind at ease! :)

Thanks again!

Hi Star

i think you are as normal as can be! When I was your age, I was the same way - boys, love, my future...all on my mind all the time! I was also sexually inactive and that has nothing to do with feeling like you do. Take your time in that regard.

I think it's ok to be in love with the idea of love - I mean, who isn't?!

I bet a lot of your friends are the same way; they just don't want to admit it :) I think it's very normal for a teen to feel this way. Romance is new to you and your new hormones are kicking in. Is everything else in your life going well? You have friends, activities and supportive parents? School is ok? If so, I think you should enjoy these feelings and as long as they don't interfere with your real happiness in real life, then dream on!