Q: 

Why are doctors not prescribing soma

Living with chronic spine and muscle pain, I had been taking Soma but now he no longer will prescribe it. I have been given two different muscle relaxers in these past two months, the first gave me constant headaches and the next one I had an allergic reaction to; broke out with rash and caused extreme agitation. Frustrated trying to find relief!

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing.

Soma can be addictive and should only be used for limited time - no more than a few weeks at at time. This may be why your doctor has stopped prescribing it for you, even if it works well. I understand this is very frustrating for you.
Are you undergoing physical therapy for your injuries? Massage can also help. I hope you can work something out with your doctor.

Pain