Why are the symptoms of this bug bite coming back repeatedly? I was bitten by something when I visited the Bahamas in May. Some type of deer fly or giant mosquito.

The site where I was bitten swelled up, itched horrible and was very tender to the touch which made the itching that much worse. It had a knot under it that grew to almost golf ball size.. After about two and a half weeks, it finally healed.. About a month later, the same site started itching and swelled up again some, It took a lot of self control to keep from itching and it went away in about a week. Well, it's back again!!! Help! Why does it keep coming back? I have no other symptoms other than the uncomfortable itch and if I scratch, I know it will swell up again, I can already feel the knot forming under the skin. ???

Did you get this sorted? As i have exactly the same problem but when it comes back it has gone again before i can get it seen too

I am not a physician. I have not examined the insect bite. Please call your physician to be evaluated. Your health is priceless and I cannot tell you if this is dangerous to your health or just an annoyance.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank you so much for your input! :) Have a great weekend!

Thank you :) Do you know if this is dangerous to my health or is it just annoying? So far it's annoying because I never know when it's going to resurface and the itching is awful! also, it seems each time it does, it lasts a little longer.

This is a repeated inflammatory response to the initial insect bite. You need to be evaluated by a dermatologist. I don't think this will go away on without intervention.

Skin Rash

Skin Rash Guide